PDA

View Full Version : Haloperidol (Haldol)

spamvicious
06-03-15, 17:59
Has anyone been on this?. I'm on a very small dose. 1mg a day to take along side 75mg Venlafaxine in the morning and 150mg trazodone in the evening. I'm also still on 3mg lorazepam and have been for months. My psychiatrist suggested it as after 7 months, my problems are still here. Anxiety has taken over my life and feel like i'm trapped in a nightmare. I can remember my old life and I end up sobbing cos it's taken so long and I'm still no where near better. I haven't been back to my house in London for 7 months. Luckily I live with friends who understand the situation, I'm having to live back with my mum.

I was started on Haldol on February 12th, 500 micrograms twice a day as well as reducing my trazodone down to 150mg from 200mg. Now after a rocky few days, I then had 10 days where I finally thought I was getting better and was even making plans to go home eventually. Then last Saturday my anxiety spiked again, night terrors, waking up in panic and feeling depressed and despondent.

Today it got weird, I don't know if the Haldol just kicked in but its like I can't make decisions or understand what I want. When I wake up usually I know if I want to go out or stay in that day and can be persuaded to go out most days but now my brain just doesn't know, like I don't know whether to go to sleep or try stay awake. I keep getting jolts of fear to my stomach as I have this haze in my brain. I'm not confused, I just feel like I'm not connected to my feelings properly to make a decision , if that makes sense?. I've been crying all day and haven't been able to get out of bed either. I also feel sick and dizzy.

swgrl09
07-03-15, 01:22
I'm sorry you have been having a rough time :( I haven't been on haldol, but maybe give your doctor a call and ask if that is a normal reaction or if it will pass?