View Full Version : REPOST: Please help? LEUKEMIA???

Toby2000
06-03-15, 22:01
Hi,

I'm scared at the moment that I have leukemia. It's not a huge fear at the moment, but all the time it's lingering in my mind even if it's not really bothering me.

My main symptom is petechiae, which I have noticed been noticing since about November 2014. They're tiny little spots that are hardly noticeable and are like pinpricks. Literally SO small!

I've had itchy skin too, but not all the time. I've also had dry skin on my face, but that's gone now.

I also have a tickly cough too but again, not all the time and it's never really a problem. I've had this for a few months now. Could this be due to infection from lack of white blood cells?

Oh, I'm just so scared! I watched a film about someone with leukemia and they died and ahhh I don't know, it looks so horrible.

I'm also tired quite a bit, but not overly tired and I think it's because I've been having late nights for the past week or so.

If I had leukemia 4 months in, which symptoms would I likely be experiencing?

Thanks
Toby

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

When I say repost, I mean that I'm reposting it after posting it before.

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

PLEASE someone?? I'm dying here!!

cpe1978
06-03-15, 22:33
So in sentence one you say 'it's not really bothering me' and your final sentence is 'I am dying'.

If you think you are unwell, why don't you visit your GP?

Toby2000
06-03-15, 22:37
Yeah, because the last sentence really says "I am dying".

It's no good asking my parents to see a doctor. They won't take me.

cpe1978
06-03-15, 22:56
How old are you?

---------- Post added at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:52 ----------

Ok....so you're in year 9...so I guess 14 or so. You don't need to ask your parents to take you to the doctors for leukaemia you need to ask them for help with anxiety. If your parents won't listen, is there anyone else you can trust? A teacher for example?

Light_Bringer777
06-03-15, 22:59
As cpe1978 says you could always pay your dr a visit and make sure everything is fine, but for now here's what I see:

Tiny spots on skin, dry skin, sometimes itching, barely couching... Sounds like a normal human being to me.

Not a leukemia pro (far from it), but you'd probably get fever, frequent infections, weight loss, night sweats and pains all over. What I'm trying to say is you sound much more like a worried, relatively healthy human being.

Still, if it's been there for long and more importantly if it's worrying you, just get in touch with your doctor to see what could really be going on.