PDA

View Full Version : Could this be the breakthrough?

Chopper
17-01-07, 12:36
Morning Friends,

I had a rough week last week and went down with the flu on Friday. I've been under a duvet in bed or a blanket on the sofa from about 17:00 on Friday until 06:30 this morning ...... and guess what, the few days 'downtime' has worked wonders!

When I woke yesterday I said to my missus "I feel really calm this morning, REALLY calm!" The day was very easy, covered in Vicks Vaporub, sipping Lemsip, watching snooker, reading Hannibal Rising and every now and then she'd ask, "how're you feeling?" to which I replied "fluey but relaxed, no anxiety at all!"

I amn't trembling, sweating, grinding my teeth, picking my spots, jumpy, nauseous, faint, dizzy or any of the other symptoms I've had during this 'episode'. I just hope that this isn't a 'positive blip' and I can maintain my progress.

The weather is terrible outside, but I've got my lightbox on and feel, well, more like the old me.

I spoke to my boss and told him how I feel and he was amazed as he feared the worst when he saw me last week, what a mess I was (my words not his!).

I've been so good the last couple of days that I've tried a bit of facial topiary and think I look quite dashing in a Sean Connery submarine commander type of way, neatly trimmed gray beard around the jaw-line!

Could this be the breakthrough? Oh, please let it be, please. I was really concerned over the last few weeks that I would't make it but now I feel positive about my recovery and am threatening to resume my football coaching roles this weekend - to hell with the weather!

You'll be able to tell I'm much more upbeat than recently and I am, I can look at myself in the mirror again and genuinely feel that the med's, lightbox, diet and support systems are all working at last.

Long may it continue!

Happiness and light to all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

sandlin
17-01-07, 13:33
Well done you - hope you continue to feel better

Linda xx

tam
17-01-07, 13:39
hi chopper what a lovely post to read it really sounds like you feel good and just want to say hope it stays like that for you,maybe the rest has switched everything round,good luck.tracy

trac67
17-01-07, 14:00
That is excellent news, stay positive and the feeling will last, you are doing so well keep up the good work :D

Onwards and upwards from now on.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

ksmith
17-01-07, 16:31
Good for you chopper. I'm convinced that sleep is key to recovery.

Kay x

honeybee3939
17-01-07, 16:41
Hi Chopper

Thats lovely news!:D

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I can look at myself in the mirror again and genuinely feel that the med's, lightbox, diet and support systems are all working at last.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

What great progress hun !

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

groovygranny
17-01-07, 20:27
'Ello 'Ello !! Granny thought she was in the Twilight Zone cos she's just replied to this brilliant piece of news in another forum lol !! [:P][:P]

So, here's a demonstration of my 'copy' and 'paste' skills !!

:D[8D]:D[8D]:D

Huuuuuge Granny Hug for you Chopper!

((((((((((((((((((((((((([:P]))))))))))))))))))))

even if it means getting your 'bugs' and 'razor rash' lol !! After all we share everything on NMP !!

So glad you are feeling better !!

lotsa luv

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

nomorepanic
17-01-07, 21:07
Wow Chopper what lovely positive news to hear.

I am so pleased for you and long may it all continue

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

manmoor
18-01-07, 00:24
Well Done Chopper xxx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

Southern_Belle
24-01-07, 18:33
Hi Chopper,

What good news, I hope it continues for you.

Belx

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Chopper
07-02-07, 11:01
Well folks, I'm now well into February and everything is good in the life of 'Chopper'.:D

I'm feeling both physically and mentally really well, I feel fit, calm and not in the least anxious. I'm working full time, haven't missed a day in weeks and, although I still tire in the early evening, I'm able to participate fully in family life again.

I've not altered my medication and don't intend to until at least the Spring but I'm feeling positive that I've finally got to the top of the hill and can now freewheel like the boy in the old Hovis advert! Showing my age there!!

So, I wish all of you similar success and will keep posting and supporting the forum.

'Chopper'

Let us pray to Him who holds Life’s issues in his hands—
Him who formed the mighty globe, with all its thousand lands;
Girding them with seas and moutains, rivers deep, and strands,
To case a look of pity upon Kathleen-Ni-Houlahan!

mooks
07-02-07, 22:28
chopper
im so pleased to hear of you being well...whats your secret??
Im struggling again...and cant seem to get back to where I was...Its so nice to hear of success

Chopper
08-02-07, 08:38
Mornin' Mooks,

I wish there was a secret to recovery, I'd happily spill the beans to all those plagued by this Black Dog.

I think the key for me was if not surrender to my affliction then certainly to accept it as a treatable condition and accept the expert advice offered.

40mg of Citalopram a day, a lightbox and a supportive family helped a bit too!

We're awaiting the snow here in Norwich but when previously it would have been a good excuse to bury my head under the duvet until spring I now see it as an opportunity to take some photographs of winter scenes and retire to the warmth of the pub to chat to a group of old pensioners about how winters were more severe in 'the good old days'!!

The best advice I can offer, and it's no secret, is to persevere m'dear, persevere.

'Chopper'

nomorepanic
10-02-07, 17:10
Chopper

Thanks for the update - all positive news there so well done!

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Chopper
14-02-07, 15:13
Well folks, it's lookin' good!:D

I seem to be if not 'cured' then certainly well on the way to recovery. I'm going to stick to the Citalopram and light therapy until well into the Spring so I've a tangible period of mental wellbeing but, at the moment, I'm feeling good.

After more than 18 months on various dosages of Citalopram (currently 40mg a day) I now seem to, finally, be side-effect free - with one exception! Those of you who've read my other posts will know the one I mean and those who haven't might enjoy a laugh at my expense by checking out my other, uniquely male, posts on 'unwanted' side-effects.[:I]

I feel like my old self again and can now look positively to getting my life back on track and making up for the distress I've unwittingly put my family through. I think I've a bit of making up to do, or at least a bit of reciprocity for the help they've given me.

'Chopper'