PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

Demonica
17-01-07, 12:55
Hello

I came across this site in a happy accident while Googling "heart rates". I'm only 25 so when stuff started going mad with my heart a couple of years ago I assumed I had a big problem with it and was due to pop my clogs anytime soon!

I get a high heart rate (BP seems fine), ectopics (usually following a hot flush) and sense of impending doom. Possibly other things that I didnt realise were "anxiety".

Have had 3/4 ECGs done which didnt pick up anything and still awaiting results from having a monitor for a week. On last trip to A&E chest x-ray was fine.

A lovely doctor at the A&E chatted to me about stress and how it can manifest itself as physical things. I'm starting to come round to the idea that she may actually have a point LOL The worst attack I had lately was in the week when I had so many christmas related things to remember for my 5 year old (school plays etc) plus a baby to deal with too.

Have been busy reading posts so know I'm not alone. Have also ordered a book by Claire Weekes as it had good reviews.

So hi everyone :)

"Demonica", 25, Wiltshire

yorkylover
17-01-07, 13:00
Hi Demonica,and welcome to no panic.Theres lots od advise here and support.;)will all understand how you feel.

Ellen XX

honeybee3939
17-01-07, 13:15
Hi Demonica

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Take a look at the first step pages also you may find them of interest.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

trac67
17-01-07, 13:23
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

tam
17-01-07, 13:47
hi demonica and welcome to nmp,you will get loads of helpful advice here to help,everybody is wonderful and understands.take care tracy

Demonica
17-01-07, 14:00
Thank you for the warm welcome x

clickaway
17-01-07, 14:20
Welcome aboard Demonica

What a lovely name!

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

kittykat
17-01-07, 15:34
Hi there ,

You'll find this site a great help to you, its amazing the symptoms anxiety can cause. A warm welcome to you.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

nomorepanic
17-01-07, 18:00
Hi Demonica

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel