PDA

View Full Version : Theme Parks etc?

Demonica
17-01-07, 13:03
Hello

I'm a newbie and have been reading through the posts. I noticed you had a meet at Alton Towers and it reminded me of something I'd been wondering about since getting palps and ectopics...

Does going on fast rides ie rollercoasters affect your heartbeat anymore than it normally would?

The thought of never being able to go on those rides is horrible to me!

nomorepanic
17-01-07, 18:55
Um yes very much so!

That is why there are signs up saying not to go on if you have high blood pressure, heart conditions, of a nervous disposition etc.

You wouldn't get me on them but some people thrive on the adrenalin rush!

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Karen
17-01-07, 19:32
Yes, I would agree that heart rate would rise as the result of an adrenalin rush.

However, generally speaking, interpretation is the difference between viewing this as anxiety or excitement. Many people get a thrill from going on rollercoasters, or taking part in extreme sports etc and they actually seek those kinds of high they get from taking part in those activities.

Other people who experience panic often view the raised heart rate as anxiety, which can lead on to panic.

If you are the kind of person who enjoys (or did enjoy) rollercoaster rides there is no reason you won't be able to gain enjoyment from this in the future.

Karen

Demonica
18-01-07, 10:07
Maybe I'll start on the carousel and work my way up :D