PDA

View Full Version : counselling tomorrow

yorkylover
17-01-07, 13:13
Hi,Im starting my counselling tomorrow,Thursday.Today I feel really nauseous and have a rotten headache.I didnt think I felt to worried as I had an assesment before christmas and she seemed ok.But it must be worrying me bit to feel so rotten today.Also feel really tired,lethargic.
have no appetite either.
Why Is life so hard!!!!!!!!:(:):(

Ellen XX

trac67
17-01-07, 13:37
Hi Ellen,

The anticipation before having to do something is always worse than the actual event itself, so try not to worry and stay calm and focused and I am sure you will be fine.

Hope it goes well and let us know how you get on.

Take care

Trac xxx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

Lynnann
17-01-07, 13:58
Hi Ellen,

I am sure it will be ok, sending you great big hugs to get through today

Lynnann

kittykat
17-01-07, 15:40
Hi there Ellen,

You will be fine hun , once you are there everything will be okay just take some deep breaths. Its a big step to take so you will be feeling nervous.

((((GOOD LUCK ))))) xxx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

jo61
17-01-07, 16:02
It's usual to feel very anxious before such a appointment. You'll be the lates in a long line of people she'll have seen in a state before going to see her. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Love Jo xx

nomorepanic
17-01-07, 18:47
You will be fine once there and in the best place if you don't feel well.

Good luck!

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

honeybee3939
17-01-07, 18:50
Hi Ellen

Wishing you lots of good luck for tomorrow hun, think of it as another step forward to the road of recovery !

You will be fine !

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Basket Boy
17-01-07, 18:56
Hi Ellen,

I just finished my course of counselling provided by my Occ Health dept today.

I too was very worried about starting this as I've never experienced any counselling before - but I found it really useful and it's helped me to focus on what the trigger of my depression and anxiety was.

And remember the counsellor is there to aid you , just take your time.

Go for it girl!

Best wishes.

Chris x

"Don't tell 'em your name Pike!..."

Lindalou64
17-01-07, 19:26
definetly the anticapation what trac said..you will see you will be fine when you have it its just ya mind playing the negative thoughts on ya.............when ya done with it i bet you will be just fine.....i wish ya the best......linda[8D]

happyone
17-01-07, 19:30
Hi Ellen,

I often get worked up before going to an appointment even though I am looking forward to it or know I need it.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Why Is life so hard!!!!!!!!</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
Try to see this as a step to make it easier.
It is maybe fear of the unknown, but the counsellor will do their best to put ypou at ease.

Happyone
x

"Today is the day before tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." wisdom of my daughter!

Karen
17-01-07, 19:37
Hi Ellen

It's natural to feel a bit nervous prior to the first counselling session. I started CBT yesterday and although I had met the therapist previously and was confident I would be able to work with her, I still had nerves beforehand.

However, as soon as I arrived she was so welcoming and my anxiety faded. I was able to talk to her about all kinds of things - and having social phobia that's something I wouldn't have been able to do a year ago.

Good luck for tomorrow. Look at this as the first step on your road to recovery.

Karen xx

ceecee
17-01-07, 19:41
hi ellen
you,ll be fine
wishing you the best of luck hun!
take care
rach x

groovygranny
17-01-07, 22:05
Hello Ellen !

Good Luck for tomorrow, you can do it you know!

(((((((((((((((((((((BIG GRANNY HUG)))))))))))))))

lotsa luv

GG [:P]

x

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

yorkylover
17-01-07, 23:23
Thank you everyone,Im glad you are all here it means so much.
THANK YOU XX
:);):);):)

Ellen XX

manmoor
18-01-07, 00:31
Hi Ellen,

Good luck for tomorrow hun. xxxx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

yorkylover
18-01-07, 12:28
Well its today,have my appointment at 3.00.My stomache is all over the place,feel sick and just feel odd.Havent panicked which is a good thing.Keep needing the loo,same old story.
Thanks for all your support.

Ellen XX

jo61
18-01-07, 12:37
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Love Jo x:)

Jo

yorkylover
18-01-07, 16:59
Well Im back!!!!!!!!!:)It went ok,didnt panic.I was only in there 45 min.
I feel a bit down actually,is this normal?
Got another session next week!!!!
Thanks everybody again for support.

Ellen XX

matilda
18-01-07, 17:38
I kind of expected mine to be a miracle cure and it wasnt!!!

After feeling so stressed theres bound to be an anti climax!!

Keep at it.

Lindalou64
18-01-07, 18:42
yaaaaa ya did it thats great just keep up the good work and soon it will come easier...........best ti ya...........linda

Karen
18-01-07, 19:42
Hi Ellen

Well done for getting there and I'm glad it went well. The first session is usually just a fact gathering exercise.

I too felt quite positive during my session and then very low afterwards, which did concern me a bit. I mentioned it to a friend (who happens to be a therapist) and she explained that it is usual for this to happen at first. She said that while the therapy is going on, you get the sense of making at least some progress, and when it's over, you realise you have to rely on yourself again.

This makes sense to me as I think it is me wanting everything to be fixed and to feel better straight away, when of course it will take time.

Karen

samc100
19-01-07, 14:34
Just remember Ellen - part of the anxiety this time is also excitement because you are doing something positive for you.

But you'll be back by the time you have read this!

Hope you felt it went it ok and you are looking forward to the next one. It will soon feel like a safe zone to you and will be step to getting you better.

P.S. Karen- I am the same. Saw my therarpist on Monday and felt like a dissolving jelly for the rest of the day. Good to know it is pretty normal.