PDA

View Full Version : Silly question/all loved up :p

Lyn89
08-03-15, 08:04
Hi NMP! I've never posted in this section of the forum. before but I wasn't sure where else my post would fit in. It is slightly to do with anxiety, but it's more a general life discussion I guess.

I feel ridiculous but I've been with this guy for a numbere of months now and I just feel completely blindsided by it! I'm totally loved up to the point where he's nearly all I think about and it feels like the love I have for my family and friends is almost stunted, which of course makes me worry :p Is this normal or unhealthy? Obviously I've had boyfriends before and I think I've been in love but this one is so distracting!

/soppy post over

MyNameIsTerry
08-03-15, 09:23
Yeah, sounds normal to me. Its not that you don't love your family & friends but a partner tends to take a lot of your focus and when you feel so strongly, they tend to overtake everything else.

Its not unhealthy, its only unhealthy if something becomes obsessive. If you found yourself becoming anxious if you couldn't see them or if they went to leave, then its an issue to deal with because they are also natural comings & goings and whilst you don't want to be apart, it shouldn't result in the anxiety response so you start to fear it.

Good luck!

Lyn89
09-03-15, 16:47
Thanks Terry :) Definitely not an obsession, but I feel better after what you've said. It's good to feel happy, I should focus on that.

GingerFish
20-03-15, 11:57
Sounds normal to me. I still feel like that with my boyfriend and we've been together 6 years :D

MrAndy
20-03-15, 12:01
its natural ,enjoy it while it lasts and thats hopefully forever !