PDA

View Full Version : new here need some help with what benefits i can claim for panic disorder

blondiewales
08-03-15, 11:35
hi everyone i am totally new here stumbled across this site by accident didnt no such sites even existed, just quickly i am in my early 30s female had a normal happy healthy life until 2 years ago, then became ill with panic attacks, swallowing disorders, anxiety, slight paranoia things have got so bad i havent left my house at all since last summer, we have tried to manage financially ourselves but this is no longer we are struggiling terribly and wondering if anyone can advise me on what benefits would i be entitled to claim, im also keen to explore this site, i thought i was weird and a freak and no one else i no suffers with a panic disorder kind of refreshing to see its not just me,
thanks in advance for any replies and sorry if i have posted in the wrong place x

venusbluejeans
08-03-15, 11:41
Hiya blondiewales and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

paula78
08-03-15, 11:42
Hi you can claim PIP Personal Independance Payement it does take time but they back pay you from the dau you made the claim... The number is on the direct.gov website x

blondiewales
08-03-15, 11:48
thankyou both i have just claimed this i didnt know if i am also suppose to claim esa ? or disibility ive never claimed benefits in my life except child tax credits so i really have no clue x

Gee-SP
08-03-15, 22:31
Hi.Yes, you can claim Esa and housing benefit as well as pip x

Dazza123
09-03-15, 01:55
You can claim PIP and ESA, but it doesn't mean you will get them.

You have to prove at assessment that your mental health is so bad that it physically prevents you from working and carrying out day to day activities.

Also, for ESA, if you are not entitled to contribution based benefits, then having a working partner will prevent you from claiming income based ESA.

Its not as easy as it all seems, so research ESA descriptors and PIP descriptors. IF you feel you meet enough of the descriptors then go for it, but also remember that you have to convince one of the assessors that you meet the descriptors listed, this in itself is also very difficult.