PDA

View Full Version : help

nicolag84
08-03-15, 13:46
How can i get the cancer bloods done
When my gp wont let me

23tana
08-03-15, 13:48
Ask your gp for a second opinion - you are entitled to it - and hope another gp will agree to the tests you want

nicolag84
08-03-15, 13:52
Thank u will ask another gp cos she off atm

Fishmanpa
08-03-15, 15:17
Unnecessary testing for reassurance is just that... unnecessary. If your GP doesn't have probable cause then he/she won't order them. I disagree with seeking out another doctor to do your HA reassurance bidding. Many other HA sufferers, due to the need for reassurance, have gone privately and paid out of pocket. This is a [I]very slippery slope[/I, its expensive and again.... unnecessary. Besides, it's not like there are specific blood tests for specific cancers. There are certain markers and abnormal readings that indicate or correlate an issue. Once there is probable cause and correlating evidence, biopsy is the hallmark test. The key is to treat the real illness as your mind will always come up with another worry or symptom.

Positive thoughts

nicolag84
08-03-15, 18:38
Unnecessary testing for reassurance is just that... unnecessary. If your GP doesn't have probable cause then he/she won't order them. I disagree with seeking out another doctor to do your HA reassurance bidding. Many other HA sufferers, due to the need for reassurance, have gone privately and paid out of pocket. This is a [I]very slippery slope[/I, its expensive and again.... unnecessary. Besides, it's not like there are specific blood tests for specific cancers. There are certain markers and abnormal readings that indicate or correlate an issue. Once there is probable cause and correlating evidence, biopsy is the hallmark test. The key is to treat the real illness as your mind will always come up with another worry or symptom.

Positive thoughts

That is a good reply i will take it in thank u .i just cant help but think cos am losein weight easyer then normal am on edge .i was doin really well the bang am bk here

wnsos
08-03-15, 19:40
Anxiety induced weight loss. I lost 2stone at my worst. Joke about it now as the best diet ever, though I wouldn't ever wish it on anyone including myself again.