PDA

View Full Version : need urgent advice: constant burping?

goldenchicks522
08-03-15, 15:34
my mum has been burping constantly recently, maybe about 10 times per day?

i'm not sure of why, usually (and i thik this is normal) she will burp after drinking a fizzy drink and she justdoes that because of the gas in the drinks I think.

But recently she started drinking tea daily because it's warming her up, but she had peppermint and she said that that makes her burp, and it did seem to be a lot worse, So i suggest she stopped with that tea and she did.

She's having 'apple and pear' tea now, but this must just be flavoured tea, with no caffiene? or anything which would really make her burp? so I'm not sure why she's been burping so much, unless she keeps drinking cups of tea all the time and is taking in a lot of air when drinking or?

Basically I read up about constant burping online and some worrying results came up. This has only started very recently, maybe I should suggest she goes back to having diluting juice? to see if the constant burping stops and then maybe it might be the tea> but tea (fruit kind) shoulnd't cause you to burp constantly i think. I'm so worried it's a symptom of something bad unless anyone thinks it could be from the tea drinking fruit tea a lot?

She will need to see the dr about this i know, unfortunately her dr is absolutely useless so I hope she could see a female one instead (not cos he's male i just know a lovelt female doctor).

California Girl
08-03-15, 20:13
I burp a lot more when i'm anxious but I also have acid reflux but it's worse when i'm anxious or I'm not eating properly & just drinking lots of fluids. Has she tried something like Gaviscon it might help to settle her stomach or rantidine might help. xxx

Light_Bringer777
09-03-15, 02:08
First off I've had crazy belching for 2-3 years in the past, and we're not talking about 10 times a day but around 10 times a minutes. Literally couldn't get anything done and had really bad nausea from it.

After a ton of research I've found really bad belching generally comes down to these few things(though there definitely are other causes): swallowing air, gallbladder issues, infections like h. pylori, GERD or food intolerance.

In my case it was food intolerance, at first I thought it was Celiac Disease even though I was diagnosed with GERD, turns out it's neither but still somewhat close to celiac; I can't have any complex sugar from grains. I first found out after going 100% paleo for 30 days, and testing after that made me realize grains are the culprit for me. A single meal of pasta and I'll be sick for a weak burping and vomiting. I'm convinced it's SIBO but the test doesn't exist where I live so for now I'm just following a paleo diet.

MyNameIsTerry
09-03-15, 05:11
I know people who have had constant hickuping and constant coughing and both times it has come down to excess stomach acid.

Try and cut out the things you suspect but if nothing changes, see the GP as there are medications to control the stomach acid like my dad is on for his non stop hickuping. Also, as part of the process, eliminate the triggers and then when you find it goes, introduce the last one before it went and her burping should come back.