PDA

View Full Version : Feeling drained and looking for a bit of support

Bulldog
08-03-15, 17:29
Hi all,

I have suffered from anxiety for around 12 years but the past few years it has been very "up and down ". A family member suffered a major stroke leaving them in a bad way, my parents went through a divorce and it got nasty, my mother found a new boyfriend and he attacked her with a knife on Christmas and on my way home last week my car broke down and I had to be towed. It is costing around 800 to repair and I got a call earlier to say they have found more problems which could be costly. I need a car for work and had to take time off last week so don't want to ask for any more. I am struggling to keep my anxiety under control and just wanted some ideas to help me relax.

Thanks

Lee2475
08-03-15, 17:56
O no sounds like you are having a rough ride with all that. Sometimes things go bad all at once and theres no light at the end of the tunnel, Im at work sometimes(fixing photocopiers) and everything I touch turns to s..t.
Things will level out in the end.

I find go for a long walk sorts me out (or helps me)

I have a dog and she makes some diffrence if your feeling fed up or think your gonna flip out and have a panic attack.

I am the same as you suffer terrible, One thing goes wrong and it dont have to be much and Im in such a state i cant leave the house as im on the toilet every 5 mins.

one day at a time
08-03-15, 18:10
make time to listen to relaxation cds and try relax even if you only manage 30 minutes a day

Bulldog
08-03-15, 20:07
Thanks both,

Think it helped just writing it down. I have 2 dogs both are a good comfort. I am still stressed about the car as I am having to rely on family to help pay for it which I don't like. I can't remember what it feels like to be relaxed and content.

one day at a time
08-03-15, 20:53
Don't be too hard on yourself xx you are doing well and it's ok to lean on people at times like this ,I'm sure they are happy to help to alleviate your stress , you can pay them back once you get back on an even keel , better to do that than spiral and feel worse for it . Try make time for yourself to unwind though either a long soak in a bath or some form of relaxation

Bulldog
09-03-15, 06:57
Thank you so much for the reply. I managed to get a half decent nights sleep last night and I am feeling slightly better this morning. I hope it continues

HalfJack
09-03-15, 07:18
sleep, food, drink and looking after yourself in general is a good way to start.
Exercise is something I find insanely helpful, but hard to motivate myself into doing although I guess if you have dogs walking them is a great way to do that.

Writing things down is a good idea. When I have a lot on my mind I write it all down, and next to each issue I write
- why it's stressful
- how I could deal with it better
- how I can solve the issue. It can help to break things down into manageable tasks so rather than let it get on top of me. Every time I do a task I cross it off, the more I cross off the better I feel.

You're going through a lot at the moment, but you're dealing with it really well. Hope you feel better soon x

kareem
09-03-15, 07:23
Hope that things now got better
As it is life tends to go up and down with people

I hope your luck has changed