PDA

View Full Version : So I quit my job (ish)

venusbluejeans
08-03-15, 18:20
Just recently my Anxiety has been playing up, and stopping me from doing things..... driving alone specifically, something which is needed for getting to my job....... a job I love and get a hell of a lot from, I look after the most switched on kids you could ever wish to meet picking them up from school.

for the past few weeks I have been sometimes been struggling to get to work and end up letting my boss and the children down at sometimes really short notice, which made me feel really guilty and ultimately stressing me even more and causing me to panic even more.

So this morning in my wisdom I decided to email my boss and resign from the job I love :wacko: because in my mind I was letting everyone down and they deserved better than what I was giving them.

Fortunately for me I do have a very good boss and was basically told not to be so silly and to have 2 weeks off to sort myself out get back to it which I really hope I can do just as I have done before.

Not sure why I am writing this thread really, I think that it it may just be to get it out of my head

Fingers crossed that in 2 weeks time I will be heading back to work without a problem...............watch this space

gregcool
08-03-15, 18:32
thats a real bummer that you feel like this,esp not being able to be in the car on your own being part of your job.your boss obiously values your work and the person you are.you sound like you are good at your job and im sure you would be missed,so its good your boss can see this and has given you time off to regroup..good luck

Magic
08-03-15, 18:54
You are just having a blip Venus. Enjoy your two weeks off and see how you feel then.:hugs::hugs::hugs:xxx

Annie0904
08-03-15, 19:46
Your boss sounds very understanding. Have a good rest and see how you feel in 2 weeks and don't feel guilty about not being at work...you need the rest xx

Carnation
08-03-15, 20:06
This is obviously more than a job to you. Like the others say; chill for a couple of weeks, don't even think about it and see how you feel then. :)

MyNameIsTerry
09-03-15, 05:05
You sound very committed to these people Venus, so much so that you put their needs before your own in telling them to find someone to replace you. I'm glad they have given you some space though because you may feel different about this in a few days as these blips can distort things.

Has something else been going on that has madeyou feel more anxious lately? Its just that I remember how proud you were that you drove a long distance to see Nic not long ago (I've got that right, haven't I?) so I'm wondering what hs caused this backslide?

23tana
09-03-15, 07:05
Good luck Venus. Spend your 2 weeks relaxing and doing things you enjoy. Maybe go for a short drive each day, but don't let those anxiety gremlins take hold.

SarahH
09-03-15, 09:40
Its a blip.... what advice would you give to someone who had posted this on NMP?:winks:

Pineapplepie
09-03-15, 09:54
Hey how you feeling?
I'm off on ssp at the minute but having a meeting with my employer this week about a phased return. I am very worried though that I'll restart but end up panicking then going off sick again. Which if is the case I would mostly likely be following in your footsteps and resigning too.
I really don't want to or can afford to. But my employer isn't as half as understanding as yours sounds.
I hope you find a solution and not have to resort to giving up something you enjoy x