PDA

View Full Version : is slimming world and panic attacks linked

ladyhawke77
08-03-15, 19:06
hi everyone im in a middle of a really bad panic attack so im needing some help, i have been doing slimming world for over a month and lost over half a stone which is great but the downside is my panic attacks and anxiety has become more frequent hence why im having one right now, is there anyone on here doing slimming world or have done it have the same problem im having, please i really need advice

Its-so-fluffy
08-03-15, 19:39
Maybe it's not slimming world but maybe the fear of failing after doing so well? I have similar thoughts. Try and think rationally what thought or feeling was in your head that caused this attack. What were you doing? What are you doing tomorrow what might trigger it?

I hope you get to the bottom of it.

Hugs

ladyhawke77
08-03-15, 19:43
thanks for replying but all i was doing was eating sunday dinner and its kicked off for no reason, i also have the run and feel sick so im not sure what is causing it, im really panicing right now, its scaring the sh*t out of me

Its-so-fluffy
08-03-15, 19:51
It is scary! But you know what, that's the very worst of it. It really cannot hurt you. dare the panic to get worse and it wont. Hang in there

ladyhawke77
08-03-15, 20:00
thank you fluffy, im just soo scared right now, i should be used to this after 7 years but having the runs and feeling sick on top of the panic is been too much at the minute to deal with, i really ate feeling like this :scared15:

Its-so-fluffy
08-03-15, 20:08
Yea it is awful And I don't honestly think anyone can truly get used to the fear at its peak. I think the key is coping mechanisms before it reaches there. I hope you're feeling a bit better than earlier.

ladyhawke77
08-03-15, 20:12
well i have taken 2 kalms and seem to have calmed down a wee bit, im hoping it stays away

Its-so-fluffy
08-03-15, 20:14
Good to hear. :D

ladyhawke77
08-03-15, 20:27
thanks fluffy for taking the time to talk to me i really appreciate it :D