PDA

View Full Version : Anybody out there that can relate?

heyybeth92
08-03-15, 19:39
I am really upset because sometimes I don't know if what I'm feeling is panic or not. It is actually kind of hard to explain. I will go through these attacks where things feel extremely odd and scary...and I can't calm myself down. My breathing is fine, and sometimes I feel really dizzy and unsteady...but mostly it is just this bizarre feeling of uneasiness and like I just need to escape. My heart is hurting so badly because I feel so alone and helpless. Any advice?

Its-so-fluffy
08-03-15, 19:42
It sounds like a classic panic attack. I have had a few where I know for sure I am not over breathing. I don't get pins and needles etc. Adrenaline alone can cause them I think.

Maybe try removing yourself from the situation and practicing meditaion?

JustBeMe
08-03-15, 20:23
Beth you are definitely not alone. I have gotten the "typical" panic attacks. They've subsided mostly. But I have since relapsed and get these atypical panic attacks. And it feels like thisunderlying feeling like something is going to happen to me. O wondered sometimes if there really is something wrong or if its panic. And I'll get the adrenaline rushes with the warmth and tingling. Its nerve wracking. Sorry you're going through that but you're not alone.

ladyhawke77
08-03-15, 20:31
hi beth i have just come down after feeling like what you just wrote and its a horrible feeling as all of my emotions hit me at once and the weird feeling all over my body like the feeling you get when you feel like someones walking over your grave type of weirdness, i really hate feeling like this and i been like this for 7 years

RosieBelle
09-03-15, 10:46
Hey Beth :)
I can understand what you're saying, as I get the feelings of uneasiness and wanting to escape. I get anxious thoughts and just want to get out and feel safe and I don't necessarily get any physical symptoms. It does sound like anxiety/panic and I think a lot of us get it on here, so you're not alone Beth. You can find lots of support and help on here.
Have you been to your doctor about this? They can help you with talking therapy and/or meds. Breathing exercises, relaxation techniques and meditation is great too. I find distracting myself from the thoughts help - watch tv, listen to music, read, talk to friends, go out etc...Ans just remember that nothing bad is going to happen to you, it's just silly thoughts that make you feel like that.
Hope this helps :)
:hugs:

Babyblueeyes00
10-03-15, 21:17
Hey Beth, I feel exactly the same, my heart and chest hurts and I feel sick, I find I need to be alone so I can cry. I have a huge fear of being alone or abandoned. I'm such a happy person in life but inside I'm not, I feel like a fake, no one knows about my panic attacks, I'm scared no one will believe me n I don't want people to think I'm weak. Any advice would be really appreciated