PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate high best ways to calm down?

JustJoe25
08-03-15, 20:34
If anyone read the visable veins post I made you will know what I'm talking about but I decided to make a second thread about this issue for advice. Basically what happened is I had a epidermal cyst on my back that I decided to get drained. This is the third time I've had this cyst occur in the same spot and the third time it got drained. Anyways while there my heart rate was high (135) but my blood pressure was good. My blood sugar was checked to rule out being a diabetic which was fine. After a few attempts to check my pulse the doctor realized I was still very anxious. I've had a very anxious week worrying about my noticeable veins and I had such bad anxiety earlier this week I had made myself sick to my stomach. I've been very jittery and trying to calm down. Anyone else experience this issue? If so how do you cope with it? I've never had issues with my heart or had this happen before but I don't want to get stuck taking a bunch of tests based off me not allowing myself to simply calm myself down.

AlexandriaUK
08-03-15, 20:52
This is going to sound nuts and maybe only relevant to me, I get exercise when I am going to the gym LOL and when I get there my pulse is at maybe 130/135 but once I get on the tread mill it starts to get back to normal before it increase due to the exercise, I am told by the GP referral trainer that this is perfectly normal as this is why you are referred to the gym in the first place, if your anxious this is the first thing to show in your bodily reactions.
All sorts of things raise you pulse and to be honest if it was a major problem and you were completely relaxed then the Dr would have been concerned you were anxious so that's why it was raised.
Meant to say that exercise calms the anxiety and lowers the HR
Hope that makes a bit of sense