PDA

View Full Version : Relapse.....Frustrating

JustBeMe
08-03-15, 20:35
Today I woke up with these darn adrenaline rushes and just feeling like something bad was going to happen to me. I had brief moment of palpitations. I notice this happens during periods of high stress. My body and mind just need a break! I feel like progress is going completely backwards. I also had agoraphobia to go with my panic and have been doing well, bit progress is going backwards again. Grrrrr.

Steve1964
08-03-15, 20:55
I think everyone who suffers from anxiety has relapses. I have had a very good week and a half, the most relaxed I have been for a long time, which is especially welcome after the frightening episodes I had nearly a fortnight ago, now.

You have identified it correct.y, it is stress. When the stress gets too much, then the anxiety kicks into overload. The simple answer is to reduce the stress, but it never is that simple, is it?

Hang in there.

RosieBelle
08-03-15, 21:31
Hi :) I get the whole adrenaline rushes thing when waking up, but don't worry. You're just having a bit of a blip and the thoughts/feelings will pass again. I have blips from time to time, but they always go again :)
The stress you've experienced has probably triggered the anxious thoughts off, so try and take it easy and relax. Try relaxation techniques, music etc and breathing exercises.
Hope this helps :)

JustBeMe
08-03-15, 23:07
Thanks so much for the encouragement and advice. A little bit goes a long way. Sometimes it good to just vent and someone lend a listening ear. Thanks guys.

Breath in and out slowly, and relax. Whew..

RosieBelle
09-03-15, 10:49
That's ok :) Yeah it's definitely good to just get it off your chest and you can always do that on here.
Just take it easy and chill. Nothing bad is going to happen after all :)
:hugs: