PDA

View Full Version : I can't cope right now

Confused&scared
09-03-15, 13:16
I'm a 3rd year uni student, on the last stretch now but the pressure of how much work I have to do is getting to me so much. I'm so panicked that it is debilitating me and I'm not able to get anything done. I can feel myself sliding into depression (I'm currently on 30mg of Citalopram for anxiety), I'm struggling to get out of bed in the morning, am not bothered about my appearance, I'm eating rubbish etc. I don't know how I'm going to manage a dissertation and 3 essays, as well as 3 presentations in the next 2 months. I have children and a husband as well so the pressure is immense, as is the worry of what is going to happen once I've finished uni, how we are going to cope money wise if I can't find a job etc :shrug:

I went into the doctors this morning and was told I couldn't have an appointment until Thursday however when she asked what it was regarding I told her and she's fitted me in at teatime today.

I just feel so hopeless at the moment. My concentration is non-existent.

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

I also keep getting this weird feeling like detached, for example I will say or do something one day and then the next day I can't believe I've actually said or done something or reacted in a certain way. I don't know if that even makes sense.

Annie0904
09-03-15, 18:07
I am sure your doctor will be able to help you but since you are a uni student they should also have counselling services at the uni so it might be a good idea for you to speak to them for support?

JMA
09-03-15, 19:11
and she's fitted me in at teatime today.

Hopefully it went ok, OP.

I know it's not that helpful, but try and eat a bit better, as the last thing you need is your mood also being affected by sugar filled junk food.