PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Cannot Cope

busylady
09-03-15, 17:58
Don't want to bore anyone with my recent history but I am feeling so low at this moment in time and not sure what to do for the best. I run my own business and work very long hours (little choice as my business partner died 2 years ago), add to this we are living in chaos at home due to pre-longed building works so there is very little 'me time/put my feet up time'. I have 2 children and moved in with my partner just over a year ago, this has been another challenge to add to the many. My Partner suffers form clinical depression and hitherto lived on his own for over 10 years, so he's trying to adjust as well.

I feel physically drained and emotional all of the time. Any criticism from my partner usually ends up with me in tears. I have had private councelling before christmas to address what has happened to me and my children in the last 2 years (mainly involving my ex-husband) and that seemed to help. But my business is taking every last bit of energy from me and I think my health is starting to suffer. I know a visit to the GP is the next step, but would medication really help?

Annie0904
09-03-15, 18:03
Medication can help but I would say it goes along side therapy which your doctor should also be able to refer you to. They are different therapies available and you would be assessed to see which you would be best suited to.
This workbook may also be of some help to you. http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=37