PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pains in chest

KayeS
09-03-15, 21:25
Since Saturday evening, it happens about 3 times a day, I keep getting a sharp flash of pain, basically directly under each one of my pecs, slightly to the side. It feels as if it's under my rib cage, in the sense that I can't touch where the pain is. It's like a quick flash of pain for a split second and it is literally like a line going across my body just under my pecs/nipple area. It is painful enough that it literally stops me in my tracks. It's actually a seriously intense pain. On a scale of 1-10 I'd put it as an 8. It really makes me stop everything for that split second. I really don't know what this is. Has anyone experienced this before?

anx mum
09-03-15, 21:28
Hi I too have got pains in my chest at mo not so much sharp but can relate to how your feeling. Have u been to your docs?

Lee2475
09-03-15, 21:35
Ye I have had this, seems like it's indigestion with me.

KayeS
09-03-15, 21:39
Ye I have had this, seems like it's indigestion with me.

I'm thinking indigestion as I've been having a lot of gastric problems lately...
It's just a sensation I've never really felt before. The best way to describe it is as if I have a nerve running across my body, around nipple height, from one side to the other, and someone is just plucking the nerve quickly for a quick jab of pain. Is that how you've felt it?

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

Hi I too have got pains in my chest at mo not so much sharp but can relate to how your feeling. Have u been to your docs?

I have an appointment with a Gastroenterologist on Thursday for something else so I'll mention it...

JustJoe25
09-03-15, 23:34
I get this too and I've had GERD for about 4 years now. Recently I've been getting it more usually after I eat. It'll be quick and sharp but then its gone. Sometimes gas will follow. It's most likely just indigestion. Have you ever been diagnosed with gerd before?

KayeS
09-03-15, 23:48
I get this too and I've had GERD for about 4 years now. Recently I've been getting it more usually after I eat. It'll be quick and sharp but then its gone. Sometimes gas will follow. It's most likely just indigestion. Have you ever been diagnosed with gerd before?

Never been officially diagnosed but I've recently been prescribed Omeprazole as I've been having weeks of oesophagus pain when swallowing that is most likely from a lot of acid I've had recently... Well hopefully anyway. I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist on Thursday...

Is the pain in the same place I described? As in it doesn't feel like it's in my bowels... more the lower chest area... It's very unsettling.

Superworrier
10-03-15, 00:24
Hi Hun x the pain you describe reminds me of just before I was diagnosed with an hitus hernia , I too take Omeprazole and have done for about two years they do work to help with acid reflux.
My hernia took a while to dagnosis with a camera x

JustJoe25
10-03-15, 01:24
Never been officially diagnosed but I've recently been prescribed Omeprazole as I've been having weeks of oesophagus pain when swallowing that is most likely from a lot of acid I've had recently... Well hopefully anyway. I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist on Thursday...

Is the pain in the same place I described? As in it doesn't feel like it's in my bowels... more the lower chest area... It's very unsettling.

I've had it in both the upper chest and lower chest area near the rib cage.