PDA

View Full Version : I think I need help

gigglykate
17-01-07, 18:13
I've been signed off work with anxiety. I'm ok when I'm with just 1 person, but when I'm in a group I sweat and shake.

My friend/line manager from work has phoned every day and is putting pressure on me to go into work, just for an hour, to see how I feel. Not sure whether this will help me or set me so far back I wont return to work in a week's time.

I started seeing a really nice bloke a couple of weeks ago - but he has similar issues to me, although his is long term. We have agreed to just be friends, although we're still seeing each other 3-4 times a week platonically. He's the only person feel 'safe' with.

I've just spent an hour on the internet looking for suicide methods, I cannot cope. I am such a strong person usually, and look after evryone else. But now I feel broken. I dont really want to kill myself, I just want to die.

I can't explain this to the people around me, they're worrying enough, without panicking I'm going to top myself. I just don't know what to do.

clickaway
17-01-07, 18:44
Hi Kate,

Although going back to work for an hour a day may be a good idea, please don't do so unless you have discussed it with your GP or CPN for example.

I too feel much safer when speaking to just one person. Its a sign that we are getting someones undivided attention.

Great news that you have this friend. You seem very sensible in not letting it be more than that. If you were lovers and then lost him, you would not have anyone to be safe with?

You will get stronger, Kate and please don't despair.

Hugs,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

tt
17-01-07, 19:04
If you avoid going to work you are setting yourself up for more anxiety. I would do the 1 hour and work your way up. If you were to go to cbt courses this would be part of your assignment to get better. Small baby steps until you are there. The only power fear has is the power you feed it.
Start small and don't push too fast until your ready for the next step.
Try a half hour and then move on.

Good Luck
TT:)

TT:)

Basket Boy
17-01-07, 19:08
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
My friend/line manager from work has phoned every day and is putting pressure on me to go into work, just for an hour, to see how I feel. Not sure whether this will help me or set me so far back I wont return to work in a week's time.
<div align="right">Originally posted by gigglykate - 17 January 2007 : 18:13:55</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi Kate,

Your line manager should not be phoning you everyday and trying to pressurise you into going to work.

That could be construed as bullying & harrasment - does your employer have a Bullying/Harrasment Policy? Do you have union representation at work?

Remember you have been signed off work by your GP and that you have protected rights. Your GP signed you off for a good reason - to allow you some time and space to recover.

And I echo Ray's advice about not going into work until you have discussed this with your GP.

You are the important person in this - not your line manager.

Take care.

Chris x

"Don't tell 'em your name Pike!..."

Lindalou64
17-01-07, 19:34
we all go through the thought of i just cant deal no more but we always do.........i think by going in for 1 hr will help you extremly even if ya feel a like crap this way ya dont get stuck in that rut!!!
wish ya the best and you will be fine stay positive and dont google very very bad...................best to ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,linda[8D]

gigglykate
17-01-07, 20:14
Thanks everyone.

Feeling better - have realised I CAN'T kill myself as my family would have to come in and throw away my 'feminine entertainment items'. Nah, can't do that to them.

I may try going in to work for an hour. Sitting at home doesn't seem to be helping a lot!

I guess the only way from here is up.

jo61
17-01-07, 20:23
Hi, if you're signed off you can't go in and work. You can visit the office but not actually work. Take care you don't contravene the law - mind youu if you do it's your employer's contravention.

Love Joxx