PDA

View Full Version : diazepam mirtazapine and zopiclonet myself into a bit of a pickle

jane2011
10-03-15, 15:57
Hi,

ok over the last 5 years about twice a year by doc gives me 21 5mg diazepam for occasional insomnia and anxiety.

I have had a sudden on set of insomnia, insomnia first and this has definitely caused the anxiety as I have been have exploding head syndrome and my tummy feels like its on a roller coaster everytime i nod off my brain wakes me up all night everynight for two weeks.

Went up to 15mg diazepam and did nothng. Have some zoplicone had one good night tried diazepam awful night, back to zop two hours sleep only this is on 7.5 mg tried diazepam nothing. last nigh zopiclone got two hours solid and about 3 hours drifting nervously anxiety ridden get waking.

Doc has also given me some mirtazapine to try. 30mg I have never got on with anti depressants before they have always made me feel crazier that i am already.

Is it safe to take zopiclone two nights running I only have 4 pills left anyway and am back to docs tomorrow or should I try mirtazapine I am just so nervous of anti ds, as I have had such trouble with them before. My health anxiety is currently on the roof and really bad as is my sleep completely knackered. any advise please

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

1]Hi,

ok over the last 5 years about twice a year by doc gives me 21 5mg diazepam for occasional insomnia and anxiety.

I have had a sudden on set of insomnia, insomnia first and this has definitely caused the anxiety as I have been have exploding head syndrome and my tummy feels like its on a roller coaster everytime i nod off my brain wakes me up all night everynight for two weeks.

Went up to 15mg diazepam and did nothng. Have some zoplicone had one good night tried diazepam awful night, back to zop two hours sleep only this is on 7.5 mg tried diazepam nothing. last nigh zopiclone got two hours solid and about 3 hours drifting nervously anxiety ridden get waking.

Doc has also given me some mirtazapine to try. 30mg I have never got on with anti depressants before they have always made me feel crazier that i am already.

Is it safe to take zopiclone two nights running I only have 4 pills left anyway and am back to docs tomorrow or should I try mirtazapine I am just so nervous of anti ds, as I have had such trouble with them before. My health anxiety is currently on the roof and really bad as is my sleep completely knackered. any advise please thank you

SarahH
11-03-15, 17:43
Yes you can take Zopiclone two nights in a row. I have been taking them for 15years. You can also take Diazepam and Zopiclone together (but obviously not massive doses).
Speak to your Dr about what you can and cannot take and get a proper programme organised as not knowing what you are taking (Mirt/Zop/Diazepam) will only be making you more anxious.
Mirtazapine is an AD which has minimal SE's. It is a good one for insomnia as people experience sleepiness soon after taking the tablet.

Sarah