PDA

View Full Version : What to try tonight

jane2011
10-03-15, 16:20
I have severe insomnia and anxiety. 15mg diazepam did nothing. 7.5 mg zopiclone have had some success havent tried it two night running is it safe to do so I was only given 7 tablets have four left. Had one good night on it one crap and one with two solid hours sleep and a few hours anxious drifitng. Also been given 30 mg of mirtazapine but have not had a lot of luck with anti ds in the past always make me feel more bonkers than i already am. Should I try the mirtazapine does it really help for chronic insomnia or am I ok to take another zoplicone tonight or will it not help back to docs tomorrow hopefully she might just hit me over the head.

keggsy
10-03-15, 16:59
Hi Jane, I try to avoid consecutive nights with zopiclone to avoid dependency/tolerance issues.
Mirtazapine can help some with sleep, certainly initially.
Doc has also given me promethazine to help with sleep but again not every consecutive night.
There is a new sleeping pill out in the US. Not hit these shores yet, remains to be seen what issues there are with it.

jane2011
10-03-15, 17:13
Thanks kegs she's given me 30mg bit I keep reading that 15mg is best for sleeping don't know what to do. You can tell I have anxiety can't even decide whether to cut a bloody pill in half. Have you any experience?

Xena1971
10-03-15, 18:26
Hi Jane I a long term Citalopram user who wanted to see what life would be like if I had a bit of a change! I tried Mirtazapine and Escitalopram and have now gone back to my old faithful 20mg Citalopram and there I shall stay! I found 15mg of Mirtazapine great for sleeping and got a solid 9 hours on them each night They work well for insomnia on a low dose! Hope they help Keep your chin up!

keggsy
11-03-15, 17:18
Hi Jane,
Try 15 mg mirt, it will prob help with sleep, at least to begin with, though for me it does not have the hypnotic qualities of zopiclone, nor is it really intended to!