PDA

View Full Version : OSTEOPATH - WHO HAS TRIED IT?

tt
17-01-07, 18:16
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS WENT TO AN OSTEOPATH. I HAVE JUST WENT FOR THE FIRST TIME YESTERDAY. I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I HAD TO OPEN MY MOUTH AND HE USED THE GUM LINE FOR HEALING. I HAVE LOOKED UP SOMETHINGS ON THE NET BUT IT IS TOO BRIEF. I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM NECK AND IN BETWEEN SHOULDER BLADES FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS. HE FEELS I HAD WHIPLASH AND ALSO MY LEFT RIB WAS OUT OF LINE. NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS TOTALLY AMAZED AT THIS BECAUSE ALL HE DID WAS TOUCH LOOK AND FEEL. THE ONLY THING I DON'T KNOW IS HE SAID I WOULD NOTICE A DIFFERENCE RIGHT AWAY. MY MUSCLES ARE STILL TIGHT AND IN SPASM. LAST NIGHT BETWEEN THE BLADES AND IN THE BREASTS. THIS IS THE START OF MY PANIC ONCE AGAIN BECAUSE IT SCARES ME INTO THINKING IT IS A HEART ATTACK. VICIOUS CIRCLE. I DID NOT TELL HIM THAT I SUFFERED FROM PANIC DISORDER, BUT DID TELL HIM I THINK I SUFFERED THE NECK AND SHOULDERS DUE TO STRESS I CARRY. HE SAID THAT IT IS NOT STRESS IF IT IS PAINING. I GUESS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW LONG TO NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE IF ANY AND DOES OSTEOPATH HELP WITH THE MUSCLE TENSION. IT IS RATHER EXPENSIVE SO I AM LOOKING FOR SOME COMPARABLE DIFFERENCE. HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED ACCUPUNTURE?

TT

TT:)

samc100
19-01-07, 14:23
I go to an osteopath. I go because I have stupid kidneys and high adrenalin ( which is right above the kidneys so they hassle each other).

I have been seeing my Osteopath since August and it works for me. For me it is a slow process but I am down to a visit every 6 weeks now when it was once a week at the beginning.

If I were you I'd tell your Osteopath that you have panic attacks, may save time ( and money) if they know your full history. ANd they can treat appropiately. Mine knows I have panic attacks and has helped with diet and other suggestions which have been helpful.

I find I am really tired a few hours after a session. And I often find I ache the following day.

tt
21-01-07, 04:43
He told me I'd be tired. I was not tired that day the the few days after and I ached terribly between the shoulder blades that night and the next day. So this must be normal. Here in Canada the charge is $100 for the hour and next visit will be cheaper. I have benefits to cover so I am ok. What do they charge in UK>?

TT:)

samc100
21-01-07, 16:21
Hi - it costs me £30 a session which is about 50 mins. First visit was £45.

I could claim it back on my private health plan but I use upso much when I have tests for my kidneys I try to 'save' some for disasters!

I once came down with the most horrendous cold about 5 hrs a visit - I obviously had the start of a cold and the session moved all the toxins and bugs straight out of my body. After an evening of 'dying' I was absolutely fine the following day. Weird stuff this osteopathic medicine.