PDA

View Full Version : Random brusing?! *please reply*

Toby2000
10-03-15, 18:37
Hi,

I've been scared I have leukemia for about 4-5 months now. I've been experience symptoms such as petechiae, itchy skin, dry skin.

Now (would you believe it?) I have noticed a bruised feeling on my chest, but no visible bruise. I know that there being a bruise without any discoloration is more than possible. I have had no trauma on my chest, I'm 95% sure of that. I had the same bruise about 2 weeks ago on my chest, but it went. Now it must of come back :weep: I've also noticed a bruise on my back where there is discoloration..

How did the bruise get there? Or is it tender bones, which is also a symptom of leukemia. There's no escaping.. :(

Do leukemia bruises hurt? Wouldn't there have to be trauma in the area for it to hurt? If it was leukemia bruising, would it be painless due to no trauma?

I need help!

Toby :huh:

Dazza123
10-03-15, 19:05
Toby, you need to stop asking for help on an internet forum, and ask your parents for help, that is what they are there for. If they will not help, speak to a teacher at school, if they will not help speak to social services.

You clearly have a problem of some sort, more mental than physical with any luck - noone here can diagnose you with leukemia because none of us (hopefully) have it.

I have pain in my chest tonight, not because I am having a heart attack, but because I slept on my front last night with my fist underneath me in that area, see how it works?

Do yourself a favour and turn your laptop/tablet off and get some help in the real world.

Toby2000
10-03-15, 19:55
Thanks for the reply.

My parents do know about my worries and they have seen a doctor about it, who is getting in contact with the school nurse.

herbie73
10-03-15, 20:06
Hi Toby when iI was younger I used to get petechiae a lot, I also bruise very easy, are you fair skinned, cause I am and my skin shows every mark and bruise, pease try not to worry , I'm sure your only issue is anxiety, which you need to address, anyway if you need to talk, I am here xx

Toby2000
10-03-15, 21:34
Thanks for the reply.

Did you see a dr about the petechiae?

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Anyone else have any advise?

Dazza123
10-03-15, 21:43
What other advice are you seeking?

You or your parents have contacted the doctor, who you say is referring you to the school nurse.

My advice is tell the school nurse, and your parents that if you get the all clear and there is no serious illness, that you think you might have some type of anxiety issue and health anxiety, then they can get you the help you need.

There really isn't a lot more anyone can say.

Actually, maybe one piece of advice - Go out and have some fun with your friends, and stop googling symptoms of leukemia :)

If you carry on the way you are, you'll be having a nervous breakdown by the time you are 16, and you will then need some serious help.

Toby2000
10-03-15, 22:29
You're right..

Just one quick question: how bad would leukemia be 5 months in?

Dazza123
10-03-15, 23:15
For your age, it states that it would be childhood or acute leukemia - and says

* Acute leukemia is fast-growing and can overrun the body within a few weeks or months*

Notice it says overruns, which means it would completely take over in a very short space of time. There wouldn't be an odd bruise or rash, it would be much more, its something you would notice and I doubt you would have the energy to be googling symptoms or posting on forums.

If there is a rash, a doctor needs to see it to find out what it is and to give a prescription for treatment. A school nurse cannot do this. SO if there is a rash that you have had for some time, tell your parents you need to see a doctor, and not a school nurse. A doctor will tell you what the rash is and treat it for you, then you can get on with your life.

In future, if you feel unwell, tell your parents. If your symptoms get worse, tell your parents you want to see a doctor. Google will not help you. If I type into google something like I have a headache, it will tell me I have cancer. If I type in to google that I have a nose bleed it will tell me I have cancer. If I type in that I have blurred vision, it will no doubt tell me I have cancer. Now this is just an example, but you get the drift.

Lots of symptoms can be cancer, they can also be a large number of any of problems, some simple that pass, and some that might need non urgent attention.

Not everything is cancer, or anything else thats bad. Sometimes we just get ill, and after a few days we get better, sometimes we do not get better straight away and need some help from a doctor.

Toby2000
11-03-15, 20:07
Thanks so much for that :)

My parents hardly ever take me to the doctors anymore. Think along the lines of the boy who cried wolf, but I can't help feeling the way I am :scared15:

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Just read this :(

"CML tends to progress slowly, so at first a child may have few if any symptoms. In fact, symptoms can take months or even years to develop."

anthrokid
11-03-15, 23:16
To my knowledge, bruising for a condition such as leukemia would be quite prominent. You would be able to physically see the bruising and it would likely be worse than a regular bruise. I don't think what you are describing is 'random bruising'. It sounds like it is probably muscular in nature, due to muscle tension from stress (and you have been very stressed recently). You need to be able to talk to a doctor about your worries and have them look at your symptoms and give you a professional explanation as to why they are not symptoms of leukemia.