PDA

View Full Version : Sup

blankspace
10-03-15, 20:38
Yo,

I have emetophobia which triggers panic disorder. I've never met anyone with the same issue as me, but I would really love to. Just so I know I'm not alone.
I'm a 19 year old lady with a full time job, and as you can imagine, having a panic disorder interrupts my life a huge amount.

Would just love to hear other peoples stories.

I have been advised to take medication, however I want to cope with this without meds. I have had counselling on and off for the last 5 years, and am currently not seeing anyone for it as I'm unsure if it helps me personally.

Please reply, I would really appreciate it!
BlankSpace
:)

venusbluejeans
10-03-15, 20:44
Hiya blankspace and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
14-03-15, 18:17
Good Afternoon Ms. B.Space!

I can't say I suffer as you do, but I am hyper-sensitive to many medical issues. I've also worked to live with my panic with and without medicine. At the moment I do take two different medications (prozac & buspar), but I will say therapy is never a bad thing. If nothing else it has given me a platform to air my feelings. As far as meds, for a number of years I lived well without them. But "for me" the last few years have been extremely stressful, so I decided to try them again, and they do help. But again "for me", they are not my only line of offense.

One of the things I've discovered is, in order to live, for myself and others. I have to love myself warts and all. It ain't been pretty and it sure hasn't been easy, but it does work. Also making time to clear my mind of the cluttered thoughts I have, is a wonderful habit to get into.

So I wish you well and I wish you peace.