PDA

View Full Version : sorry for posting so much, just looking for answers

heyybeth92
10-03-15, 21:12
Hi. I am always so obsessed that it is not panic and anxiety that's making me feel weird, even though I know it probably is. I go through periods of feeling indescribable. I honestly cannot even put into words the way my mood feels. It's like a irritable, scary feeling all the time...and it makes it super hard to concentrate and relax. Does this sound like anxiety? I am desperate because I feel really sad that I don't know what's going on in my brain. I know I often have panic attacks...but is this constant feeling of strangeness related?

Oosh
10-03-15, 21:34
I couldn't put into words how I felt either. I'd call it "spaced out" but I didn't have a clue what these episodes I was having were.

My panic attacks werent like I read on here either. I walked to the bathroom mirror and looked at myself and looked completely normal but inside something new had happened that felt so stomach churningly awful. I just thought I'd gone mad.

Anxiety can feel different to different people.

Fearing it's this or fearing it's that is another element to it. Your mind suggests things to you and those suggestions scare and unsettle you. But they are only suggestions. They have no basis in fact. Just recognise them and put them in your mental bin.

Do you know what triggers you into having these episodes ?
For me it was when I was alone and got too engrossed in something. Video games, polishing a car. I'd find everything going a bit weird and I got anxious, spaced out, numb.

Try and work out what triggers it. What thoughts are going through your mind. What are you doing.

Don't get overly worried about it all. I know it's unpleasant. But you can build confidence in your ability to calm yourself down and make light of it all.
Whereas worry only leads to more worry.

There's nothing seriously wrong with you so don't worry :yahoo:

Breathe a sigh of relief. Everything is ok :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Next time you feel spaced out think of confident things you did in the past. Think of things that made you laugh. Think of people you care about and why.
Where your mind goes your mood will follow. Just take a detour and leave that anxiety behind you.