PDA

View Full Version : Any nurses/student nurses? Really Struggling With Anxiety At the Moment

dawn197
10-03-15, 22:22
Hi Everyone

I have been a member for a few weeks but this is my first post. I have recently realised with the help of CBT and counselling that I have had anxiety for most of my life, something that I feel very sad about but at the same time relieved to finally acknowledge that the way I have been feeling isn't normal.

I'm a second year student nurse and have really been struggling with anxiety at university (I have no problems when working in practice and have always enjoyed being on the wards caring for people, I get extremely anxious at uni and in my everyday life) so much so that about 3 weeks ago I was prescribed citalopram 10mg and Diazepam 5mg for panic attacks.

Are there any other nurses who have anxiety? I feel so exhausted at the moment from constantly feeling anxious all the time, I have a presentation in a few days which is dominating my thoughts and don't even know if I will be able to turn up on the day, even though I want to do it just so I am not letting the anxiety win.

I hope all this sort of makes sense I feel so awful at the moment and just want to feel happy, I want to be sucessful in my career and do well at uni but feel like my anxiety is holding me back. It affects my everyday life too and i'm just so tired of it now.