PDA

View Full Version : psychic/medium

jodie
17-01-07, 18:30
hi all

i just wanted to know if any of you have been to see a psychic/medium.
i got all this anxiety when i lost my doughter 8 years ago and many people after that a family member went to see one a few days ago and some things she sead realy were very good!
any advice i dont know weathwer to go or not ?
i just feel i can trust people on nmp to give me good addvice .
jodie xx

domino
17-01-07, 19:00
Hi, personally i would stay away, but if you think it will help you go for it.

jodie
17-01-07, 19:21
rickards
i know lots of people have sead this to me . it was all set off with a family member talking to this lady and sead she had talked to ellie my little girl that died and this made me feel like i should try contact ellie myself ...what if she is trying to tell me somthing ......or what if this medium is just praying on people like me who have lost a child and feel so sad and need to know what has happend to them!
it is such a hard thing to go through i feel like if the lady tells me all is ok with ellie this panic might stop
jox

happyone
17-01-07, 19:25
I am so sorry to hear about your daughter Jody.

I have never been to a medium/psychic. I think what you get out of it might have a lot to do with what you expect to get out of it. A friend of mine went to several but never got what she was looking for and another girl I know did, but it hasn't made any difference to her everyday life. Both of these people had depression/anxiety.

This is maybe about as much use as a paper umbrella, but I think you need to tread carefully.

Happyone
x

"Today is the day before tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." wisdom of my daughter!

happyone
17-01-07, 19:25
I am so sorry to hear about your daughter Jody.

I have never been to a medium/psychic. I think what you get out of it might have a lot to do with what you expect to get out of it. A friend of mine went to several but never got what she was looking for and another girl I know did, but it hasn't made any difference to her everyday life. Both of these people had depression/anxiety.

This is maybe about as much use as a paper umbrella, but I think you need to tread carefully.

Happyone
x

"Today is the day before tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." wisdom of my daughter!

jodie
17-01-07, 19:31
happyone

thanks for the reply i just wanted to know what people think realy i know i might just think anything she says as somthing good .
a part of me thinks i would take anything she says as somthing from ellie!
love jo

Elle
17-01-07, 19:53
I used to attend a spiritualist church and saw many mediums in action. Now, I have to say that the vast majority of them were not at all impressive, in fact I doubted whether they had any real psychic skill at all. Now, that's not to say that they were deliberately setting out to dupe the public because I don't think they were. They just overrated themselves.

BUT, a few of the mediums were wonderful and the messages that they gave me were spot on. And I'm talking giving actual names and very specific points that they couldn't possibly know. I have no doubt that there are genuine mediums out there. I personally know someone who often, very clearly sees ghosts. He has seen twelve of which three were animals. He is not lying, I know him very well.

Only you can decide whether or not to see a medium or attend a spiritualist church. Many do gain comfort from it. Certainly spirits do exist because death is not the end. You shed the physical but the astral lives on and that is the essence of the real you. Check out sites on astral projection if you want the details about that. FACT, the spirit survives death.

Granny Primark
17-01-07, 20:25
I went to spiritualist church when my mum died.
I personally found great comfort from it at the time.
The first time the medium pointed me out then went on to describe my mum, how she looked and the kind of person she was.
A few visits later i was told that there was something id been longing for for years was going to happen in october or around that month.
That was when i found out that i was pregnant with the much longed for baby id been praying for.
I honestly dont know what to believe, but im certain that if you are a believer it gives you great comfort.
Part of me does believe but another part of me is sceptical.

Take care
LYNN xx

jodie
17-01-07, 20:45
hi lin elle

thanks for your posts

lin i feel the same i just dont know what to do this lady my mum talked to was so good she sead things that she should not of known.
but it was over the phone costing £30 she got a tape with it in the post .
i go to a church of england were they dont like this sort of thing i have gone 8 years with not thinking about it but as this lady sead to my mum she had ellie there with her i feel sad about this!
sorry for going on i know people will think i am mad.
jo xx[Sigh...]

Elle
17-01-07, 20:59
Jodie you are NOT mad and don't let anyone tell you that you are. What do YOU really want to do? Now don't even think about it, it's the first thought that comes into your head.

Do what your heart tells you.

Elle

jodie
17-01-07, 21:03
elle

the first thing to come into me head is to try see if this lady can tel me somthng that i will know comes from ellie .....that i will know she is there and talking to me i mean what harm can it do?

jo x

mirry
18-01-07, 08:04
I dont know what to belive either ?

A friend of mine lost her husband 11 months ago,
he took his own life whilst she was out.
It was a terrible shock to her finding him and she was feeling angry with him for doing it.
2 months later she got a medium to visit her...who knew nothing about her situation. Well as soon as the lady stepped into the house she started saying "ok, ok, yes ok" apparently she sounded very overwhelmed and asked my friend if they should go into another room.

She told my friend his name , and how he kept saying sorry, and also what thier last morning together was like and all the things they said to each other that no one could ever know.
So my friend was happy and felt she made contact.

Then again my cousin visited one who said a lot of rubbish, she said about our nan was sitting with lots of kids on her knee..which was a joke cos she was not that sort of person...my nan never cuddled us,lol.

mirryx

Sax
18-01-07, 09:06
Jodie,

In my opinion if you will get some comfort in seeing a medium then I beleive you should check it out. However, there are an awful lot of charlatans out there who charge a lot of money.

You say about going to church of england who dissapprove, yes but its not about what the 'church' believe its about YOU.
Just a suggestion I have advertised in the advertising forum about a spiritualist site which I visit, maybe reading up more will help you make that decision. There are many many sites however.

You can ask for peoples advice but Jodie ignorance will form negative opinions and its up to you to formulate your own.

There are hundreds of spiritualists sites online, many offer 'free' readings but if you wish to see someone in person yes they often charge. But exploring your beliefs can only be positive without jumping in and being disappointed.

In my experience spirit contact us if the time is right and we are ready to recieve their contact. (just my belief not trying to influence)

Please do some reading I feel this will help you Jodie.
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, must be very hard so wanting for that comfort that they are safe and happy.

love Sax xxxx

familygirl
18-01-07, 15:35
Without trying to pry, but you sound like you believe in God. If you do, please trust that she is fine(no sadness,sickness, disease, pain, hate, crime, sin in heaven[:P] )

A psychic may only add more worries, sometimes they don't always just tell you good things. BTDT.

Been to several before I became born again. Now... if I have a 'spiritual' question.. I go straight to the source (God) or other like minded friends of faith

Lindalou64
18-01-07, 16:01
HI.........
IM SO SORRY TO HEAR YOUR TERRIBLE LOSS BUT I AGREE WITH FAMILY GIRL BUT THATS ME YOU DO WHAT MAKE SYOU FEEL BETTER......MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YA TAKE CARE OF YASELF.........I WISH YA THE BEST..............LINDA

Elle
18-01-07, 17:33
I have never known a medium to give a bad message or any type of message that would cause someone to worry. This is not what they are there for. Genuine mediums are only there to help.

The service at the spiritualist church I attended was exactly the same as the ones that I have been to in C of E churches, it's just that at the end the medium steps in and attempts to communicate with spirit.

I personally find nothing wrong with this, in fact I find it very, very interesting. Yes, people end up crying but they are ususally crying tears of happiness.

Other folk may have had different experiences. I can only speak from mine. And yes, many people believe in the concept of heaven. I'm afraid that I don't, as such, although I am not saying that there is not a creator. Reincarnation makes much more sense to me.

Elle

jodie
18-01-07, 20:03
wow

thank you all so so much .

familygirl,yes i do belive in god very much so i have never realy thought of this medium stuff till mum had contact with one and it just went from there i wanted to know why ellie would go to this lady and if she needed me.
sax....i know what you mean there are so many of them that just arnt that good that just know people like me that have lost a child or sombody close will be wanting to talk to loved ones.....i am going to look into it lots more befor i make my mind up read plenty i have just finished reading a book about GORDAN SMITH i must admit it was very good .have you heard of him?
mirry ...see your frend must have belive now i mean that is just to much for this lady to know about her hubby this is what got me thinking after my mum talked to the lady she had the reading from just to much stuff that only family could know ...but then the other ones that just hope they can get somthing right .in mums reading the lady also sead a few things that were so wrong !
agane thatnk you all you are all so sweet .
jo xx

Phill2
19-01-07, 04:32
Hi Jodie
My anx started 3 yrs ago when my son was killed in a car accident.
I've never been to a psychic but my step daughter went and she told my daughter all about my son and that he is very close to me and my step grand daughter to whom I am also very close.
To top it off I went out and bought a German Shepherd that I love to bits and when I checked her papers she was born on my sons birthday (that was after I'd had her a while).
Maybe it's all coincidence and maybe it's real - who knows but there's too many similarities there for me to ignore.
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

jodie
19-01-07, 09:02
hi julip

yes my anx started of with the death of my little girl.a death of a child is so very hard as you will know.
this lady your doughter went to was very good by the sounds of it .after her saying that i bet it was hard not to think of it as daft or unbelivable.
i think my thoughts now are yes these people can do this they can contact the other side now i just dont know if it is the right thing to do or not?.
i talked to a training rector yesterday and she sead that 99%of people that ring her asking her to go to there houses cos there are strange things going on have been to a medium this scared me a bit but is she just going to say that after all she thinks mediums are very bad and the wrong people to go .
jo xx

Phill2
19-01-07, 11:01
Hi Jodie
She confirmed a lot of things I had suspected without me even being there
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

mirry
19-01-07, 18:23
My husband helps a local elderly lady do her garden, hes known her a while now and last summer she told him that she was a famous medium....he told her that he didnt belive it and she said she would give a free reading anytime.
What freaked me out alot was she asked him would "I" like to see her cos she knows I have problems.
I am too afraid to go to her although sometimes I think maybe I should ?

If I used to watch that programe..John Edwards. the medium, has anyone seen it ?

mirryx

jodie
19-01-07, 18:30
hi mirry.
mirry do you not go cos you dont think she is or that you are scared of what she will know or tell you .
i do find it hard to think that some of them know so much about our life .
i bet in the end i will go see one just so i can forget about it and make my mind up on the whole thing .i just dont want to get there she tells me somthing i needed to hear and then feel like i want to go agane do you know what i mean.
i havent seen john edwards no is he good?
joxx

fizzbomb
21-01-07, 13:58
hi Jodie,
i am very interested in mediumship and all things spiritual,i have mainly had this interest since losing my dad 9 years ago, i think the best thing to do is go to your local spiritualist church where mediums do not charge,i have been to see about 4 mediums and only one of them told me anything i could identify with,if your interested in finding out more you should read books by doris stokes or stephen o brien books are usually available on ebay,
take care
fizz

jodie
23-01-07, 13:56
hi fizz

sorry to hear about your dad it was a death that made me think about all this to .i have read a book about gordan smith have you read it ?it is very good .
so do oyu still feel you belive in it all if the mediums yo have been to see havent told yo somthing you can conect to?

jo xxx

kimmy
23-01-07, 17:09
Hi Jodie

I am so sorry of your loss of your daughter.
I beleieve in psychics but then I dont, they can be very manipulative and can says things that to you may seem very personal but can actually apply to alot of people who have lost a loved one.

I beleieve you should do what you feel you would like to do. If you dont do it you'll be living with what ifs and questions like this.

Like you have said NMP people are supportive and Im sure they would support you if you decided to go.

Elly is probably watching you all day and night and I feel if she wanted you, she would be able to.

May I say aswel all respectable and honest mediums will NOT tell you anything horrible or out of sorts.

Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxx

Wilburis
23-01-07, 23:00
Hi there. So sorry to hear about your daughter.

Ive been to see a medium, she is very famous and was really nice.

I went as I wanted to know if my brother was OK. He took his own life in 2004. I also wanted to know if Id have any more children.

I didnt mention anything about what I wanted to hear. She just told me lots of stuff. She sarted with dates, she got my brothers passing month correct and my daughters birth month correct. She got the month correct when I met my husband.

She told me I would be pregnant by February, the spirits told her (we were having difficultly) and would you believe it, Im 9 weeks pregnant.

She told me my brother fell out with his friends and that he wanted me to tell them that he is OK and forgives them. He did fall out with his friends.

She was very nice and only told me good things. It did make me feel better about my brother but it is a personal choice and once youve done it, there is no going back.

DO you live in Kent? I could give you the medium's name if youd like?

Take care - Lizzie xx

jodie
24-01-07, 19:27
hi lizzie kimmy

wow liz she did get a lot right i bet you felt funny her saying all that to you .
good news about baby i bet that gave you a shock (a nice one ).
no im not in kent i am in darlington !the lady my mum talked to was lara wells from scotland i must say she was good but not as good as the one yo have seen !
kim i know what you mean when this lady sead what she did i thought for a min well lots of people could relate to what she had sead !
jodie xx

PITITA
25-01-07, 02:03
Wow what an interesting thread!

Jodie, I so understand your hesitation. I am personally very scared of going, but am very well informed about spiritualism as my husband's family are all believers and his auntie is a medium.

First time he told me about it for weeks I was scared to death to stay by myself in the flat as he told me he has a loyal spirit friend watching over him 24/7. The actual possibility of seeing him for me was horrifying. Even now just writing about it makes me shiver.

BUT, I did get 2 messages from the spirits way before things even happened and of course then I didn't quite understand them. Firts one said my brother didn't wanna be helped....( 2 years later in 2004 my brother took his life) , and second one was for me to CHANGE MY THINKING!!!! 2 years later I started to have panic attacks and developed GAD.

There was a third message as well, but that really hit me hard because it was about my husband and I. They said we were not meant to be together...my husband said the reason was because I was supposed to be with someone better for me, but my husband is the MOST WONDERFUL THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME!!! And he is so wonderful that he could have just said that to protect me or not to hurt my feelings, as I think the message could have been for him to be with someone better too.

Anyway now 3 years later we are happily married, I have found a diamond really, so could that have been our free will to be together????

See since my brother died I am thinking the same. I am waiting for some kind of message from him as to explain to me, why he had to die and why I couldn't save him or help him or what did I do/not do or do wrong?!..etc. I believe just as someone mentioned before me here that when Im ready my heart will tell me to go and see a medium or somehow I will be guided there.
Deep down in my heart I believe that my brother is with me, he knows me and is helping me to heal, he never leaves my side and when I am ready he will guide me to find answers.

I think little Ellie is also always with you. She is so connected to you that she feels when you need her help and maybe she can help you guide in the right direction in this case as well. I think just ask her for help in your prayers or even just in your thoughts and maybe tonight she'll secretly come to visit you in your dreams without you knowing and tomorrow morning you'll just feel it strongly in your heart what is the right thing to do.

Another great advice that was given here before is to always remember that once you go there is no turning back, but don't let that discourage you more like just be aware of it!

Good luck and please let us know how it went!!! xxx

Robertc160882
25-01-07, 08:55
Hi Jodie,

What an interesting thread.

I have to say anyone who is a parent or who has been a parent would logically see why you would look for answer and be keen to contact little Ellie.

My person opinion of mediums vary I think some are good and some are bad but that is my assessment made on watching them for entertainment. The only person I have seen is Tony Stockwell he is a medium who originally performed on the street but is now doing stage shows. I paid for a one on one and he told me things about my aunty and granddad that I could only confirm after leaving and speaking to family. As I’m only 24 and was 21 at the time and I was very young when these relative died it was impossible for me to know anything about them in fact I knew very little.

What I would suggest to help you make your mind up is go along to see a show not to contact Ellie but to experience what these people do and see it through your own eyes. I think after this you may be able to make a clear judgement as to what way you want to turn.

The way I see it if you pay someone from a back street practise then you are more likely to be tricked for your money on the other hand if you pay some who is well respected and well known you will get what you pay for.

Robert

Elle
25-01-07, 09:37
Jodie
I have only seen Gordon Smith on TV but I was hugely impressed. I like him and I like his principles. From what I understand he is a barber and makes his living cutting hair. Most importantly he does not charge for his spiritualist work. This speaks volumes.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/10/23/1098474926932.html?from=storyrhs

As I said before, the spiritualist church does not charge. Often these are fairly small gatherings and it's not unusual to get a message through. Yes, if you ask a vicar or a rector in training whether you should go, they will say no. It's up to you whether you want to take their advice.

Good luck.

Elle

Robertc160882
25-01-07, 09:49
Hi Elle,

Gordon Smith like me is from Glasgow and is very well known but as I believe it he doesn’t offer very many personal reading now and he does charge for you to attend his shows so he isn’t full of excellent morals. Also very rarely is he actually in his barber shop, which he doesn’t give reading in the shop anyway.

Although he is recognised as been good he sometimes is a little inconsistent with his responses and for me is similar to other mediums and asks too many questions like is that correct to gauge your response.

Robert

Elle
25-01-07, 12:01
Hi Robert
I only mentioned that, as I understand it, he does't charge for private sittings. This is great, althought I think he does have a long waiting list.

I personally see nothing wrong with him charging for shows, after all he needs a crew and has to hire a venue and then he has to travel there. Likely he doesn't charge the earth for his tickets. I would happily pay to go to one of his shows if I had the chance.

I also hope that he makes a good deal of money out of his books, after all he wrote them and they surely give a lot of people a great deal of comfort.

Elle

jodie
25-01-07, 12:05
hi elle/robert
elle
yes i to think gorden smith seems good i havent been to any of his shows ,i know that our vicar was going to say what he did why i asked i dont know lol
robert .
i had heard robert that he didnt give many readings now i have been looking to see if he did as i would of liked to go see him as he has a very good name in what he dose mabe i will go to one of his shows !.
as to being inconsistant with responses this is what bothers me and puts me off the fact that mabe they can just get what they need to out of us without us knowibng it we are so interested in what is going to come through that we dont see it !.

jodie xx

Elle
25-01-07, 12:16
Jodie
If you went to a show conducted by a good medium then you would get a feel for what goes on. But some of these shows can be very large and there would only be a very, very remote chance that you personally might be picked out. Plus, if you were, you might feel awkward about talking in front of hundreds of other people. I don't know, just a thought but certainly these shows can be very, very interesting and some people certainly go away happy.

Elle

stace81
25-01-07, 16:59
Hi hun,
So sorry for your loss.
I believe in mediumship hun but you do have to be careful, there are internet sites that do it for free. I have been on one myself an the person described Paul to me to a T. They told me things that nobody else could have known. Also a friend of mine has told me things she never knew.
Its a very personal choice and only you can decide. I think that what Patitta said was very true your daughter will tell you what to do. I know lots of decisions i have had to make have been helped on by Paul hard to explain but sometimes you just know.
Many people are sceptical because its something unknown an the unknown we dont like to delve into.
Do what your heart tells you an if you would like the name of the site i mentioned just pm me.
xxxxxx

sford

jodie
25-01-07, 19:36
awww i just feel; so happy that so much of you have been so nice in all your replys.
stace, it is hard not to belive when they get so much right isent it i havent wanted to do this the whole time ellie has not been with us but to know that she came through to my mum made me think into it .
elle,i know i would like to go to a show BUT no i dont think i would like it if they called out somthing to me i think i would want to know but not infront of people !

jodie xx

Elle
25-01-07, 19:46
Fair enough but you probably wouldn't be so shy and nervous in a small group that welcomed you.

I'm sure that you'll reach a decision eventually.

Elle

jodie
25-01-07, 20:05
hi elle

mabe i will go to the church and take a look wont do no harm and yes all the people that are there will help i am sure .

jox