PDA

View Full Version : Constant throat clearing still, going on two weeks.

Strovbe
11-03-15, 09:53
Constantly feel like theres gunk/stuff stuck in the left side of my throat so I'm always clearing it. Itll go away for a bit then come back later on and Hell is it annoying. Anyone know what this could be? Allergies, maybe? Post nasal drip? Something more serious? Ive had a slight cough recently too. Starting to worry me.

dewlyttle
14-03-15, 09:50
Try not to worry. I've had that for 4 months. It was constant clearing of throat. To the point of my throat getting raw. I had an allergy test, thinking it was allergies, only to find out it wasn't allergies. It was driving me mad!! I was taking any medication for post nasal drip with no avail. Went to 3 doctors and found out I have GERD and LPR (Laryngopharyngeal Reflux).

Try to notice when it is worse, if after meals or being horizontal. Talk to your doctor and ask if it could be GERD and/or LPR.

Also it would feel like a lump or something stuck in my throat and it would travel from side to side.

Fishmanpa
14-03-15, 15:06
Besides the obvious things like allergies, post nasal drip etc. SMOKING can and does cause those symptoms as well. To continue to post about issues pertaining to your throat, mouth, lungs etc., and continuing to smoke is ludicrous.

You're young enough to quit and have your lungs and heart be back to one who never smoked in a few years.

Positive thoughts

pulisa
14-03-15, 20:10
I hope the OP listens to you, FMP? You are always the voice of experience and reason.