PDA

View Full Version : this illness sucks

herbie73
11-03-15, 10:40
Morning all, I just wanted to post this, as it shows how irrational ha is, since Nov I've had many different symptoms, or so I thought, anyway for the last 3 days I had convicted myself I had colon cancer, cause I thought I had a lump in my tummy, tummy been a bit dodgy etc, anyway today its no longer cc its now breast issues, them being wonky, oh my god I have been to doc concerning this, checked no probs, so as you can see its irrational, when Ilooked back at so of my post, iI've written about exact same concern, what a Wally xx

Fishmanpa
11-03-15, 11:53
With the experience with GAD that I have ("scanxiety") and depression, I know mental health issues suck and that word is accurate as they suck the life right out of you. I get an occasional blip of that now and again but I got help and have the tools and skills to cope and deal with it so it doesn't affect me in any significant way.

There are times I look at a post history and see the signs and cycles as plain as day and it's quite apparent you're going through that. You'll say "I haven't posted in weeks when it reality it's days :( I saw while looking back that you're on Prozac. Are you still taking that? The thing is, you can heal. Perhaps you should consider some one-on-one therapy or CBT to go along with the meds or maybe discuss the dosage with your doctor. SSRIs are fickle. What works for some may not always work for others.

Good luck and positive thoughts