PDA

View Full Version : Breast pain and issues

GirlAfraid23
11-03-15, 11:02
Hi everyone, I'm needing some help and/or advice.

I've been having breast pain and tenderness for over a month now. I initially thought it followed the pattern of my menstural cycle...but I'm now not so sure. My period was very strange last month, I had a very short cycle (22 days) and when it did come, it was painful, extremely heavy and clotty (tmi!) so bad I had to call the 111 number at one point and ask what to do. I thought I was losing too much blood.
It didn't follow a normal pattern and was very thick (again tmi!)

FYI I came off the pill 4 months ago in November.

Since that period (two weeks later) I've been having lots of pain in my breasts, more the left one, than the right, but both intermittently.
The more painful one has an obvious lump - which I felt last night while in the shower, so obviously I'm now terrified. It doesn't seem to move when I press it and it is reasonably firm. It's tender and painful in that particular area and the worst is during the night when I lay on it or wake up on my back and turn over - the motion of this creates a horrible sharp shooting pain around that area. When I lean down to pick something up and I'm not wearing a bra, I get the pain sometimes too.

I'm 25...no history of breast cancer in the family...but of course I'm still very worried. I keep feeling it and I know that's probably making it more sore.

Do I need to worry? :(

GirlAfraid23
11-03-15, 16:29
Anyone? :(

IckleLottie123
11-03-15, 17:21
Hi there, I'm no expert on breasts but generally speaking breast pain isn't usually a sign of cancer. But as I said I'm no expert, the only way you can be sure is to go and get it checked out properly, I should go and speak to your GP. I get breast pain along with many another pains around the chest area, no obvious lumps as you described but I get sharp pains most days and tenderness, but you seem very distressed by it so I should go and get it checked out for peace of mind, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about :hugs: hope your well and take care xx

Toby2000
11-03-15, 17:53
Hi!

I'm male, so I'm not really experienced in this area.

I can say, however, that you should see a doctor. I'm not saying that there's anything nasty going on, but getting the reassurance that there's nothing wrong with you is the best feeling a hypochondriac could experience. You know that, right?

You're probably thinking "Oh, I know all this!", but seriously, going to the doctor will make you feel 10x better.

Here are some BENIGN causes of a breast lump/tenderness:

a fibroadenoma – a firm lump that moves around easily in the breast and is more common in younger women

a breast cyst – a smooth, firm fluid-filled lump.

a breast abscess – a painful collection of pus that forms under the skin of the breast, usually as the result of a bacterial infection.

POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!

Good luck
Toby

GirlAfraid23
11-03-15, 19:59
Hi!

I'm male, so I'm not really experienced in this area.

I can say, however, that you should see a doctor. I'm not saying that there's anything nasty going on, but getting the reassurance that there's nothing wrong with you is the best feeling a hypochondriac could experience. You know that, right?

You're probably thinking "Oh, I know all this!", but seriously, going to the doctor will make you feel 10x better.

Here are some BENIGN causes of a breast lump/tenderness:

a fibroadenoma – a firm lump that moves around easily in the breast and is more common in younger women

a breast cyst – a smooth, firm fluid-filled lump.

a breast abscess – a painful collection of pus that forms under the skin of the breast, usually as the result of a bacterial infection.

POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!

Good luck
Toby

Thanks for this, I suppose it could be the first one...I hope it's not the bacterial infection, what happens then?

Oh god, I hope it's nothing bad, I've heard breast cancer doesn't normally cause pain.

VickyC
11-03-15, 20:52
Hi GirlAfraid,
Is the pain in your beast tissue or is it tender when you press areas of your breast again your chest? A few months ago I had a persistent tender spot on one of my breasts. There was no lump but it was very sore when I prodded a certain spot. I went to the doctor, since my mother has had breast cancer twice so I need to get any breast abnormalities checked out. My GP had a feel of the area and straight away said "that's not your breast tissue it's your chest wall". It turned out I had strained a muscle in my chest wall, probably from carrying my baby around on that side all the time. It just happened to be in a spot right under my breast hence the thought on my part that it was breast related.
I would totally agree with the other replies here which is to go and get it checked out. The doctor will probably be able to tell you pretty quickly what it is which will make you feel better.

GirlAfraid23
12-03-15, 20:22
Hi GirlAfraid,
Is the pain in your beast tissue or is it tender when you press areas of your breast again your chest? A few months ago I had a persistent tender spot on one of my breasts. There was no lump but it was very sore when I prodded a certain spot. I went to the doctor, since my mother has had breast cancer twice so I need to get any breast abnormalities checked out. My GP had a feel of the area and straight away said "that's not your breast tissue it's your chest wall". It turned out I had strained a muscle in my chest wall, probably from carrying my baby around on that side all the time. It just happened to be in a spot right under my breast hence the thought on my part that it was breast related.
I would totally agree with the other replies here which is to go and get it checked out. The doctor will probably be able to tell you pretty quickly what it is which will make you feel better.

It's the tissue itself and I can definitely feel a lump :( very anxious tonight