PDA

View Full Version : Return to Cit after 6 years off it or battle on without?

Crispie
11-03-15, 13:26
Hi all, this is my first post, sorry if it's a bit long!

I used to take Cit at 20mg about 6 years ago for only 1.5years in total. I had quite bad anxiety back then but when I came off the drug I seemed to be able to manage my symptoms and stop them from getting worse when they cropped up over the last 6 years.

However, I've been out of work quite a while since redundancy and I can feel things changing and I am afraid I could end up like I was 6 years ago.

I'm thinking of requesting 10mg prescription from my GP because it's not the anxiety I had before, it's only the start of it so my thinking is if I can balance myself on 10mg it won't get any worse and no need to increase. I hate having to take medication for anything even headaches. I'm aware GPs think 10mg is not the therapeutic dose but my reasoning is, I'm not quite that far down the dark tunnel yet so wouldn't need the higher dosage.

I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

Thanks C

Xena1971
11-03-15, 13:41
Hi Crispie I have been on and off Cit for 5 years now and tried a few different drugs over the past few months also For me I now know Cit works the best for me I have gone back on 20 mg and and playing the waiting game for them to work(2 weeks in) please don't feel bad about taking Meds if you has epilepsy you would take Meds the only difference is our minds shake not our bodies so that's what we take Meds for! They worked in the past for you and that will work again Take care and I wish you and everyone a speedy recovery We will beat this...!

Crispie
11-03-15, 20:30
Thanks Xena. I know you're right but I'm just a bit apprehensive taking medication again that's why I think I would be better off just taking 10mg, I guess I should just give it a go but it's the length of the withdrawal process is off putting aswell. Frustrating but I know I can't continue as I am. I so wish there was a permanent cure for this. I'm sure everyone does.