PDA

View Full Version : So scared about brain tumour

steph25
11-03-15, 14:07
For the past month - two months I've been getting headaches everyday, they move around the head, not always in the same place.

I've also been getting dizziness and nausea. I was sick once but I'd had a really anxious night and felt anxious when I woke up and I'm sure that's why I was sick (it's only happened once). My eyes have been going blurry,sometimes I've got a sore neck and I've generally just not been feeling very well.

Last year I had headaches everyday for five months, I had exactly the same symptoms over that time at different times (apart from the vomiting) and I saw the doctors multiple time who said anxiety.

About six months ago I did have to go to the hospital and get my eyes checked and go the all clear - I don't know if that helps.

Should I go back to the doctors? The only difference is the vomiting and I keep on thinking it's just my anxiety but if I even get slightly anxious I start thinking it's a brain tumour.

Lslfl
11-03-15, 20:47
I think what helped me is the fact that on this websites forums you can see that most other people with health anxiety have have the same symptoms as you. That cant be a coinsidence right?

I was the same as you, convinced i had a brain tumor. I went to the doctors numerous times, had an eye test, blood tests and everything was clear. I was still convinced i had one as i had had headaches every day for a long time. I used to get sent home A LOT from primary school for headaches so in my head i though maybe i had always had some kind of tumor that had turned cancerous.

I think that if you look into CBT it would help even if you try do it yourself at home. Theres even courses you can do on CBT on websites like Groupon and Wowcher to do CBT courses really cheap.

Like i said above, CBT helped me but it mainly coming on this website for a while which made me feel reassured.

steph25
12-03-15, 15:59
It can't be a coincidence and headaches seem to be a common one and same with visual issues.

I actually had my first CBT session today, just finished it! So hopefully that'll work and I can stop worrying all the time.