PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol and activity/sleep

Helencollins
11-03-15, 21:16
I have been taking this for 8 months roughly, slow release 80mg one tablet per day.

No real side effects and has stopped my palpitations and lowered my bold pressure.

However I have been off work for those 8 months so have been able to have as much sleep as I need.

Went back to work yesterday (9-5) office job and it was okay, but instead of my usual ten hours I only got about 7 and this morning i felt beyond exhausted and a bit breathless while trying to get ready for work.

Does anyone else feel they need more sleep with these or ever felt breathless? My Blood pressure was high also as it was only half hour after taking my tablet and it only feels high in the morning before I take my next one, heart rate is always higher then too!

spawn
11-03-15, 21:39
Propanolol will make you feel tired, I've experienced this and it's stated that it's a common side effect. I'm nearly falling asleep by afternoon when I used to take it.

reddevil
12-03-15, 11:12
Makes me very tired, used to have cat nap in afternoons.

Danielle_S
18-03-15, 18:44
I have noticed one major side effect which is really annoying is heavy limbs and shortness of breath, it really affects the level of exercise you can do which is a shame cos it's a great stress-buster. Also I have found with yoga, upside down stuff makes me so dizzy and sick. Must be to do with circulation.