PDA

View Full Version : Appointment tomorrow... very nervous.

KayeS
11-03-15, 23:20
So I have my appointment with the gastroenterologist tomorrow morning at 8:45 :scared15:

I'm still getting pain/pressure up and down my back when I swallow water or food and general discomfort in my oesophagus. I haven't googled anything but I already know what the worst case scenario could be and I'm just extremely nervous about what he will say tomorrow. I know that he will request that I have an endoscopy as there's no way he can know what's going on until he can take a look... so I know that there will be a wait for that as it will not be done tomorrow but I just hope he can offer me at least some reassurance that it could be a number of other less serious things. It's been going on 6 weeks now which really concerns me. I actually feel it's gotten SLIGHTLY better the last few days but I don't even know any more. Just seriously worried...

KayeS
12-03-15, 09:24
Well I had the appointment. He seems to think it's one of two things...

Either inflammation caused by either acid reflux or apparently something to do with the cells which they will have to take a biopsy during the endoscopy to see, or something affecting the peristalsis movement...

He doesn't seem to think at all that it's cancer which has reassured me somewhat. I have the endoscopy on Monday which should be fun... :scared15:

Dazza123
12-03-15, 09:49
I had an endoscopy, it wasn't great, I had the numbing spray. I have a bad gag reflex so that's why I had a bad experience. I have another one due due to GERD, which I have had a long time. Next time I am having sedation so it will be over before I know it.

They are not that bad, I just don't personally like them, but they give a great insight into what the problem will be :)

KayeS
12-03-15, 09:52
How long do they usually last?

I wish I could have sedation but something I have severe health anxiety about is having a medication that I've never had before... I always think I'll have an allergic reaction. I'd actually much rather be lucid and know what's happening. I had to have cryopexy on my retina last year to seal some holes I had in it and I didn't even have anaesthesia for that.. just a local. The Dr thought I was crazy but I had no problem with the operation at all lol.