PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, Nausea & Recovery Length

WaylonMason
12-03-15, 10:35
Hello. :-) My anxiety causes nausea and lack of appetite, which can lead to other problems (dizziness, fatigue, weight loss, etc). These symptoms can last days, weeks, sometimes more, even if I no longer feel anxious. I’ve tired to combat this with yoga, meditation, healthy diet, peppermint tea, etc and am currently undergoing cognitive therapy. I have also been diagnosed with IBS (endoscopies and scans were clear) which doesn’t help. Is this situation familiar to others, and, if so, can you recommend any remedies or solutions that could decrease the length and severity of the recovery period as it can be rather draining. I try my best to stay confident, and not dwell, but nausea can make it difficult to function and has a negative effect on both my working and social life. I want to control it; not it control me. Many thanks for listening.

Annie0904
12-03-15, 18:38
I was the same as you with terrible nausea and not wanting to eat. Try to eat little bits more often. mashed bananas, yogurt, plain biscuits anything that goes down easily :)

one day at a time
12-03-15, 18:57
That's one of my worst symptoms too , just lost 1.5 stone in 2 months , little and often and because it's difficult to chew and swallow I go for soups,rice ,fruit all the soft foods with least amount of chewing , it's just passing now for me and I have increased my meals . Half a freshly squeezed lemon in warm water helps nausea , drink every morning first thing , has many benefits so you can continue drinking daily

WaylonMason
13-03-15, 08:56
I was the same as you with terrible nausea and not wanting to eat. Try to eat little bits more often. mashed bananas, yogurt, plain biscuits anything that goes down easily :)

During the nausea were you still anxious, or, like me, did you have one day of anxious and then weeks of feeling nauseas?

hanshan
13-03-15, 09:35
My GAD didn't cause nausea, but it definitely did cause low appetite, in that if I felt anxious I just didn't want to eat (this is not anorexia nervosa - I wanted to put on weight).

The change came when I started taking the AD mirtazapine, but I went in the opposite direction and went from slightly underweight to mid-range overweight (about 27 BMI) - but anxiety under control. Since then I've been gradually getting the weight down to my desired range, and also keeping a lid on the anxiety.