PDA

View Full Version : feeling alone

charmian
12-03-15, 13:14
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for me please? I am 36 and I work for the nhs. I have been suffering for a long time now, with depression and ptsd. The last few weeks have been quite tough as I had a falling out with one of my colleagues, Looking back I can see that it is me that has the problem with her, but yet even though the problem has been resolved I cant seem to shake it off. I feel like people are against me, and I don't fit in with the team anymore.
Today while shopping I had a panic attack and couldn't wait to get out of the shop, I have seen the occy health at work and the dr said she thinks I may have something grumbling,mental health wise, and I am scared. I have cut off all my friends and I have no hobbies outside of work. I have an interview in wales on Monday, and I am scared to the point I am thinking of ringing and cancelling. I really don't feel good, and I need someone who understands to listen to me and help me through.

Can anyone help please x

venusbluejeans
12-03-15, 13:19
Hiya charmian and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
14-03-15, 18:34
Charmian

First, Ms. Venus is right there are some good helps within this forum and I'd say look around. If I may, I'd say don't cut off all your friends and family. I've done this too many times and the results were never good. A great lesson I have learned recently is, learn to trust those that love you.

I'm very lucky that I had some friends and close family that loved and helped me through my worst days. For too many years I simply suffered alone, even shutting out my own wife to what was really happening. It took five day in the hospital to show me my way did not work. Through that experience I learned my adult children or my wife don't look down at me or think less of me. Instead it had unified us even more.

I don't know your living situation, but one way I feel brings you to better days is to trust those you love, and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Be safe and learn to love you.

charmian
14-03-15, 21:48
Thanks fduop. Your words were kind and encouraging

I hope that things are ok for you now, I am sure in a few days things will seem much brighter again

Thank you again
x

Davit
25-03-15, 16:36
I see this was a few days ago. Are you making the mistake so many do in thinking you have some disease. You don't, You have a disorder which means only that your thinking is off the tracks and has to be put back. And it can be. I see they offer on line CBT. I recommend you try it. And if you need help understanding it I will help you. It really does work.

Davit