PDA

View Full Version : chest pain all day really worried I've been googling is this the end

gordie1
12-03-15, 20:10
Hi there I am really worried I keep on getting short stabbing pains in the entire of my chest that last for a few seconds at a time. Last night I had a frozen meal of chicken tikka masala and it was horrible so I took it back to tesco and got a refund. I bought some chips before I went to the cinema and ate popcorn. This morning I woke up with stomach pain in the centre of my stomach and I went out without breakfast and went to Nero for a latte and 2 syrup waffles. I came home at 10 30 and the pain started short stabbing pains in the centre of my chest very sharp and burping loads I've taken windeze gaviscon peppermint capsules paracetamol omeprazole but nothing seems to work. I went out this afternoon and walked for 2 miles not sure if I could do that if I was having a heart attack came back and I've just got more and more anxious keep thinking it's a heart attack I be stupidly been googling and there is evidence for both it not being one and being one. I've had gastritis and gallbladder pains in the past and it has felt like that but I can't relax I've even asked my parents to come and see me. I had a bowl of noodles soup and it's started again no radiation pain. But feeling exhausted thinking this is the end

IckleLottie123
12-03-15, 20:17
Hi there, I went to the doctors about my chest pain today and turns out its my muscles tensing which they do when you're worrying about something even if you feel relaxed. They can only stay tense for so long and eventually have to give, which is where the sharp pains come from. Have you had any tests done on your heart? ECG's? Blood tests? If you have and they've come back clear then it wouldn't be a heart attack, and I can't really talk because I'm just as bad but if you were having a heart attack I don't think you'd be posting here, you'd be on the way to the hospital :) but deep breaths stay calm, and I'm sure it's something innocent and you're not having a heart attack x

gordie1
12-03-15, 20:21
Thanks that is reassuring I get so tense all the time

IckleLottie123
12-03-15, 20:22
Me too haha, feel free to message me if you'd like to talk some more. I've been having a lot of chest problems atm too :doh: