PDA

View Full Version : Pale stool. Gallbladder worry

Qix
12-03-15, 21:09
I went to the bathroom earlier and noticed my stool was pale. I've been having bad stomach pain and nausea for 3 months. Recently had an ultrasound and they found a very small polyp on my gb. My stomach pain and sickness died down for a few weeks but the last few days it's back again I have pain where me gb is. A few days ago I started taking omeprazol because of acid reflux and magnesium. Can any of these cause pale stools? First time this has happened to me as me stools are usually dark brown. What could be causing this?

Light_Bringer777
13-03-15, 14:23
Happens to me from time to time, often from food or supplements, sometimes for no apparent reason. Magnesium sometime resulted in white "spots" in stools for me. Also, just a wild guess but I think magnesium needs stomach acid to be correctly absorbed, and talking a PPI at the same time could make it harder to break down and have it end up in your stool. Wouldn't be surprise to hear just taking omeprazol could alter stool color either.

How pale are we talking? Because afaik gallbladder issues will cause a very pale, almost beige stool. Also, as with a lot of things, don't start worrying after just 1 time of something; if you get constantly pale stools for a week or 2 it's worth investigating for sure.

Also, stomach pain and pale stools can be a sign of food intolerance or allergies; celiac comes to mind. So if this keeps on for long it could be a cause worth checking out.