PDA

View Full Version : Pain 1 inch left of my belly button

An0chick2
13-03-15, 00:38
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I'm seeking some reassurance. I first got sick after going out of the country. Before, I was extremely healthy and never even had to go to the doctor, had ZERO digestive issues (Could eat anything and everything and I was 100-107lbs...would only go to the bathroom once a day. ..it was a firm bm but I was never constipated) Well since I got really sick with what they called traveler's diarrhea, my stools have been soft and are always yellow unless I eat spinach or red meat. Well recently after taking antibiotics I started having pain after some meals. :weep: and my pain is mostly to the left of my likely button (about an inch) and around my belly button. ..other times its lower left side of my abdomen... and I notice that my bms change when I get pain. .. they usually are pencil thin And I tend to pass mucus. I'm wondering if this really is IBS. My doctor has performed every test imaginable... (endoscopy with biopsy, CT scan, barium xray, breath tests, blood work, HIDA scan, ultrasounds, and stool testing) EXCEPT for a colonoscopy bc I'm terrified. .. I'm actually thinking of being the pillcam. Well everything comes back normal with the exception of some gastritis, a small hiatal hernia, and vitamin D deficiency. Does my pain sound like just IBS? I'm just worried bc I am normally going twice a day but it seems like quite a bit of stool (about 7 pieces of 2-3 inches)...is this normal? Thank you all so much in advance.

honeyp1e
13-03-15, 13:43
You just described my ibs that is the main place i suffer just left of belly button. It was be pinching / pain / spasm / burning but its always in the same place
I had loads of tests n colonoscopy all to come bk fine and it is just ibs.. Its horrible that we have to suffer.. Hope u feel better soon x

An0chick2
13-03-15, 15:06
Thank you so much for your response. Sometimes I feel like we feel better if we know we aren't the only ones with these symptoms. Can I ask you... how often do you get pain? And have you ever had the pillcam?

manuelA
14-03-15, 05:00
Thank you so much for your response. Sometimes I feel like we feel better if we know we aren't the only ones with these symptoms. Can I ask you... how often do you get pain? And have you ever had the pillcam?
hi An0chick2, i think i have the same problem as yours. currently i feel the discomfort on my left abdomen under my lower rib. i have my ultrasound last Jan 16,2015, and said that there's no problem with both of my kidneys but much gaseous colonic distention is noticed. i went back to the same doctor and just gave me the same omeprazole for the gas which he gave me last Jan but with Duspatalin Retard 200 for the pain. still anxious because i still felt the discomfort in my left abdomen including back pains.

Hope this will be gone soon :(

An0chick2
14-03-15, 15:49
Hello,
I have felt pain under my ribs on both sides and I think it's gas or spasms. Google splenic flexure...and maybe you'll feel more calm. The colon makes a sharp left and right on the sides so a lot of gas gets trapped there. But the belly button pain I feel is different from that. I think it might be gas bc sometimes I rub that side and I release burps. Hmm but sometimes it feels like waves of spasms.