PDA

View Full Version : my head feels a weird shape !!

goldenchicks522
13-03-15, 00:42
im worried, it feels really like theres a huge uneven/lumpy bit at the back, and the more i feel it the more i worry its a huge lump !!!:weep:

herbie73
13-03-15, 07:13
Hi there, I have one side of my head that lumpy, years ago it would swell up like a golf ball, so I think its some type of glands, mine still swell up if I have a spot on my head, try not to worry body's are not symmetrical, as we have all learned on this site xx

Light_Bringer777
13-03-15, 14:58
If it's just below the skull, I've had it for 2-3 years now and it's probably a cramped muscle or something like that. If it's about at the back of the skull but above the neck and right in the center, you've just discovered your external occipital protuberance. If it's a bit higher and off to the side, I forgot the name but there are 2 "bumps" on the skull at these spots too.

Had a friend who also had a pretty sizable cyst at the back of the head, just had it removed eventually. Wasn't anything to worry about, just esthetics. Is it hard or soft?

But yeah, as herbie73 just said, we're all asymmetrical and bumpy. The problem isn't the bumps, it's often that we search too much for them XD

Alice1
14-03-15, 21:19
Study a bald's person's head next time you can! Absolutely uneven and bumpy and never the same as the previous persons. You'd be surprised!
You are born with your skull in parts and they fuse together after birth over a few months (I think, might be a year or so), and can in all manner of ways due to various factors. Absolutely normal and just a cosmetic issue, no need to worry.

Fishmanpa
14-03-15, 21:30
All heads are bumpy and lumpy. If your father was Klingon, even more reason! :D

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
14-03-15, 23:24
Skulls are like a rocky road. I have a bump on the very top of my head that's part of my skull. Ever heard the phrase nobody's perfect? :)