PDA

View Full Version : Migraines & Nausea

ksmith
17-01-07, 23:04
Hi everyone

Had a really bad migraine in work on Monday. Kept on going (although I couldn't actually see half of the students faces). Visual disturbance subsided but then came the pain and the terrible nausea. Weds evening now and still feel awful.

I very rarely suffer from migraine and just wondered if anyone could tell me how long I can reasonably expect the aftermath of the attack (dull head & feeling sick) to go on for?

Starting to feel a bit panicky, eg., was it something more sinister than a migraine? (stroke etc). Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Kay x

chevychaser
17-01-07, 23:58
Hi Kay

I too dont usually get headaches or migranes but last month I was floored with a migrane that came from no-where. I vomited for hours from the pain and eventually got myself to hospital where they put me on a drip for fluids because I couldn't keep anything down. I too was worried but they checked me over and said sometimes they just happen for no particular reason even in people who aren't regular sufferers. I was mildly anxious about buying our first property so maybe that contributed but I haven't had one since. They checked me over and said not to feel silly as they are really debilitating for many as it was for me. It was soooo painful. Anyway hope this helps

manmoor
18-01-07, 00:30
Hello Kay I done get migraines but just wanted to give ye a hug and I very much doubt it's anything serious hun hope you feel better soon. xxx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

Lindalou64
18-01-07, 03:38
HI KAY
I USE TO SUFFER W/MIGRAINES HORRIBLY MY SON DOES NOW I WOULD HAVE TO STOP MY CAR AND GET SICK MIGRAINES CAN LAST A WEEK IF NOT LONGER NOT USUALY BUT CAN.......MAYBE YA HAVE SOME KIND OF FLU? HOPE YA START TO FEEL BETTER TAKE CARE OF YASELF..........LINDA[8D]

Karen
18-01-07, 19:49
Hi Kay

I regularly get migraines that last 3 days. I don't get visual disturbance but I do get nausea, sickness and sensitivity to light and sound.

Until I mentioned this to my GP I was stuck in bed for 3 days each time. Now I have a prescription medication that I take at the start of a migraine and it helps a lot.

If this is a regular problem for you perhaps you could ask your doctor to prescribe something to help.

Karen

ksmith
19-01-07, 09:52
Thanks guys for your replies. It did reassure me. The headache lasted for nearly 4 days but am feeling better now. Just freaked me out!!!

Thanks

Kay x