PDA

View Full Version : heart worry and new mediction

LilysMummy
13-03-15, 16:09
I started propranolol this morning 40mg, and about an hour after i took it i started feeling awful, like palputations, feeling like i cauldnt breath properly, dizzy. its worn off now but now im worried there is something wrong with my heart, i had an ECG monday which was fine, wauld things change that soon?

Fishmanpa
13-03-15, 16:44
I started propranolol this morning 40mg, and about an hour after i took it i started feeling awful, like palputations, feeling like i cauldnt breath properly, dizzy. its worn off now but now im worried there is something wrong with my heart, i had an ECG monday which was fine, wauld things change that soon?

IMO, no... this was not due to the medication, especially a first dose. I believe, due to your anxiety, you were focused on your fear of the medication, your body went into fight or flight mode and you had a panic attack. The symptoms point that way. I take a beta blocker and other than it controlling how hard my heart can work (along with BP control) there are, and have never been those types of side effects.

Positive thoughts

venusbluejeans
13-03-15, 17:55
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

A Nervous Nigel
16-03-15, 22:49
Defo the anxiety there, I was actually the same because its a heart medication it set alarms straight off! I take 40mg sometimes when needed like you I felt dizzy a first but after first few times that stops. Its actually a pretty common worry about this medication.. If you went back far enough on this forum I asked because of the same concerns. =)