PDA

View Full Version : If it's not one thing it's another...

CA88
13-03-15, 16:38
So,

I've been on my Fluoxetine for around 10-11 weeks or something now, honestly i've stopped counting, because I've started feeling so much better, I don't feel the need to monitor it anymore. This past two weeks i've been functioning almost as myself again, some anxiety, but I've been able to push through it and ignore it, and have enjoyed my job, and stuff.

Still not had the confidence to push myself too far yet, but certainly am feeling more confident in myself.

The other side of things 'improving' as been a return of my sexual desires. Only to find that things now don't 'function' properly, assumingly, because of the medication. :doh:

So I live with my partner, and I find myself getting aroused in certain situations, and things work, for a time. The issue is if I try to do anything about it, i loose interest halfway, or at least, physically I do.. if you get what I mean. I've not tried actually doing anything with my partner, because our relationship has been pretty..lacking in that department for some time. But i'm 26 years old male, I have needs, and I'm not able to satisfy them now!

I don't want to come off or change the medication because it seems to be working so well, but this is going to become an increasing issue I think. Anybody else had these kinda issues, and was it possible to correct them whilst on the medication ?

:mad:

cuphalfempty
16-03-15, 23:45
Hi CA88,
Unfortunately, a lot of people complain of this side effect, it's extremely common, and from what I understand it's worse for men.
I don't know how long it lasts but I hope it goes away soon.