PDA

View Full Version : heart feels like beating fast

toria
13-03-15, 18:58
Hi I would like a bit of advice please, my heart feels like it is beating fast but when I check it it's not beating overly fast it's never been over 95 beats and that's checking it at different times when been walking or eating the normal for me seems about 75/85 so it's never very fast just feels like it is almost jittery in the stomach/chest like when you get internal shakes does this sound like something to worry about and does the heart rate need checking, I sometimes suffer with low ferritin and when low one of the symptoms is fast heart rate so that might need checking, thanks toria x

JustJoe25
13-03-15, 19:46
Have you been stressed or anxious lately? It sounds like anxiety to me.

toria
13-03-15, 19:56
Hi yes I am going through a stressful time at the minute, due to a big family bust up.

JustJoe25
13-03-15, 20:09
I wouldn't worry then. :) Our bodies do weird things when we are stressed and an increased heart rate or pounding heart are very common. Do you drink coffee? I'm currently going through stress myself right now and I think I'm gonna cut out all coffee for awhile.

toria
13-03-15, 20:16
Not coffee but I do drink alot of tea which I need to cut down, thanks for your reply it means a lot, do you find anything that helps your stress levels I feel constantly tensed up like body on edge all the time.

JustJoe25
13-03-15, 20:26
Unfortunately I haven't. :( Excercise should help but it hasn't really helped me as much as I would like. Usually I'll get worried when doing cardio if my heart rate is going up which has worsened the anxiety. Maybe yoga or meditation?

toria
13-03-15, 20:46
I have tried yoga a long time ago and did enjoy it, I no what you mean about doing exercise especially when the heart rate is up I get scared as well my husband and kids want me to go bike riding with them but I get worried but maybe it would help.