PDA

View Full Version : Strange feeling in mouth

Mrsmitchell1984
14-03-15, 06:19
I just wondered if I am normal.

I have a really dry tongue and feel constantly thirsty- but no amount of water can quench my thirst.

It is so uncomfortable and I am wondering if it is because I am on medication (Prozac) or I am just focussed on it, or something worse?

I just wondered if anyone has had anything similar, what it was and how they coped with it- as it is making my life a constant torture as I feel it all day every day.

MyNameIsTerry
14-03-15, 07:04
Well you are normal, like the rest of us on here MrsMitchell!

Dry mouth & increased thirst are listed in the rare side effects on Drugs.com but it is in the first section which are the ones that they advise you should contact your doctor about. However the GI section mentions a study where dry mouth was found to be very common (10% or more) so this is not necessarily correct as there is a conflict here. In the same study increased thirst was found to be uncommon (0.1-1.0%) which seems to be consistent with the earlier advice that it is rare.

So, I wouldn't panic because it only says to contact your GP (there is no emergency section as there are for some where you know you need to take immediate action e.g. serotonin syndrome which is not mentioned as a side effect issue here) so he/she can determine whether anything should be done or to monitor it.