PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dreamt about having a heart attack really anxious

gordie1
14-03-15, 17:46
Hi there I had a terrible dream last night for last few days I've been struggling with indigestion which is better now but I dreamt I past out in the street and an ambulance came for me and I told them about my problem with indigestion and they said they would do an EGG the ambulance guy said crikey let's get to the hospital fast when I was there I was taken straight to resuscitation and everyone looked worried then one doctor came in and said av node heart block I am sure i had chest pains when lying in bed asleep I woke up at 4 couldn't get back to sleep did breathing exercises to calm me down I am worried to go to sleep I'm wondering if people get dreams about heart attacks before they have one totally freaked out

MyNameIsTerry
15-03-15, 05:05
We can have vivid dreams when we have anxiety and depression as well as the fact antidepressants are also known to cause vivid dreams. When you have some of these, just like nightmares, you can be tossing & turning as well as breathing hard and then you wake up to find your body in a state of arousal which worries you.

I've had plenty of these and its the physical symptoms that tend to shake you.

We dream about all sorts of strange things and we have no control over it so it really isn't worth placing any value on. I consider dreams on the same level as intrusive thoughts as its just are subconscious playing about with images, sensations, memories, etc and it gets very muddled at times.

Reacting with anxiety just makes you worried about sleeping and ite on them. ety disorders but didn't place any value on them. ety disorders but didn't place any value on them.