PDA

View Full Version : I stopped taking my medications, AGAIN

Gypsystorm
15-03-15, 07:45
For what feels like the millionth time over the past 20 years, I've stopped taking most of my medications. I didn't totally stop with the Xanax because of withdrawals, but I decided I no longer wanted my Cymbalta, Abilify, Ritalin, Valium, and whatever other garbage I shovel into my mouth on a regular basis. This never, ever goes well but I was so miserable I just wanted to to feel like anyone or anything besides myself. I also started taking MDMA a few days ago to help with the depression. (Brilliant, I know.) I know this will all end poorly but the logic isn't factoring in to my decision making right now. I was up for three days, asleep for two, and now my head is swimming somewhere in the middle. Nonjudgmental advice would be greatly appreciated.

23tana
15-03-15, 09:32
Just as it takes weeks for these drugs to become stable in our systems, it takes time for them to leave too. They should be phased out slowly not stopped instantly. The best person to help you get off them is your doctor, otherwise you are setting yourself up to fail and have a miserable time.