PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma - please help

paranoidjh
15-03-15, 12:11
Me again, I still have this pea sized lump at the back of my neck where it meets with my hair. Went to the GP who ordered blood tests more to put my mind at rest than anything else, when I said I thought it was lymphoma he laughed ( he is used to my paranoia). My problem is I have felt off balance and light headed since October and am now worried that this was the start of the lymphoma and it is now flowing through my body at will. I have no other symptoms and even had a brain MRI in January which was clear. I worry the blood tests don't show lymphoma so I will be no further forward and I cannot stop feeling this gland. My husband says it is much smaller than it as when I first noticed it a month ago but is he saying this to make me stop worrying. Have my first CBT on 24th March which can't come quick enough. Can anybody help.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

Anyone - I'm feeling desperate.

Light_Bringer777
15-03-15, 14:05
Well from an outside look you've really got to work more on your anxiety and less on your health. Here's what I see:

Small lump in neck. (Tons of people have them, myself included)
Dizzy and lightheaded. (Again, tons of people have those too)

Doctor says it's nothing.
Clear blood tests.
Clear MRI.
Husband says the lump is smaller.

And your conclusion is lymphoma that has gone completely undetected. Just the odds that a small lump be a lymphoma are already REALLY small, that odds that you would have it and that it would slip through a doctor's opinion, blood tests AND an MRI are basically nonexistent.

Personally, I still have a lump I'm worried about, but I've decided to rely on the judgement of others and live as if it was nothing (which it probably is, except in my own distorted opinion). Dr also told me that any lump smaller than 3cm is basically nothing, and just like yours mine is "pea sized", 1cm across at best.

Also, dizziness and loss of balance is not a sign of lymphoma. There's like zero arguments for the lymphoma theory vs 5-6 against it. ;)

paranoidjh
15-03-15, 14:25
Thank you for replying, my anxiety was at its highest in January, I had sort of settled a bit after a clear MRI and then this lump appears. Haven't had the blood test results yet but they were clear in December, it's just that I can't help reading about lymphoma and how it is not detected in blood tests. My husband does actually sy why are they bothering to go to the expense of blood tests if they show nothing and I can see his reasoning. It is pea sized, definitely less than 3cm. My dad died at my age from cancer and I m ultr anxious about it. I hope your lump is nothing, I wish I could trust the doctors.