PDA

View Full Version : Muscle twitches... in anus?!

Anonybrit
15-03-15, 10:41
I know muscle twitches are very common with anxiety and for about a year I've had "benign fasciculation syndrome" which I think a lot of people here have, which is just.. more twitches than normal all over the body when stressed.

But for the last few days I've been having them literally on my anus, which I've never had before.

It's freaking me out a bit because I've recently been diagnosed with IBS after worrying about something worse for a while, so anything "down there" makes me edgy.

Just wondering if anyone else has had twitches there? I suppose if you can have an eyelid twitch or an arm twitch why not there, but just wanted to ask.

MyNameIsTerry
15-03-15, 11:19
If you mean at the entrance/exit :blush::winks::D then there are a lot of nerve endings there and if you are prone to nerve misfiring then it seems a possibility like anywhere else as you say.

I can't say I have them due to anxiety but certainly I've had twitches in all sorts of places...

The thing that stands out for me is that you recognise yourself that you are hypervigilant with anything 'down there' so its going to happen with your anxiety, you will notice things more often as I'm sure you already know.

I often wonder what life was like before hypervigilance...I'm sure it all still happened yet I never cared!

Carnation
15-03-15, 12:42
Anoybrit, I think I have had them in every part of my body! :blush:
Don't let them worry you, that's what it wants to do.
Just say; "Hey twitches, what yer doing there? Why don't you go away and leave me alone!".
Sounds stupid, but it works. :D

Anonybrit
15-03-15, 13:36
Anoybrit, I think I have had them in every part of my body! :blush:
Don't let them worry you, that's what it wants to do.
Just say; "Hey twitches, what yer doing there? Why don't you go away and leave me alone!".
Sounds stupid, but it works. :D

Yeah I'm normally God at ignoring twitches I think it's just because I've my had them there before and in combo with the recent IBS stuff it's just triggering the HA :(

Terry I'm normally good at "defusing" myself between bouts of Ha and losing that hyper vigilance but latest one I've had has been so bad I'm finding it really hard to lower my guard, I'm hoping it's not here to stay :(

Fishmanpa
15-03-15, 14:56
Maybe it's just Porch Cramps (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Porch+Cramp)

(I'm proud to have left my mark on the internet ~lol~)

Positive thoughts

RoseEve
15-03-15, 15:13
Porch cramps lol. I've had spasms in every part of my body from BFS. I used to get really upset by them but now I pay them no mind. It's much better than these anxiety migraines that I get and have right now.

Anonybrit
15-03-15, 15:19
Lol porch cramps, aka proctlgia fugax, yet another thing that can be caused by anxiety!

Porch cramps lol. I've had spasms in every part of my body from BFS. I used to get really upset by them but now I pay them no mind. It's much better than these anxiety migraines that I get and have right now.

I remember when my BFS started I couldn't imagine it could just be anxiety, it's very alarming. I would get cramps in my calves from it.

Thankfully since then it has mostly died down. If I am not stressed at all, it's not there, if I'm stressed and I stop and think about it, I can notice some twitches here and there, but they never bother me, I never get the cramps anymore.

But in a year this is the first time I've had one there lol.

Anxiety migraines sound nasty :(

popejoan
15-03-15, 20:19
I was never diagnosed with BFS but I have them all over. Recently I had eyelid twitching which lasted about 2-3 weeks. I never had them in my bum but I know that my boyfriend does as when I was lying next to him I felt them and he said his bum twitched. :)

MyNameIsTerry
16-03-15, 05:11
Maybe it's just Porch Cramps (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Porch+Cramp)

(I'm proud to have left my mark on the internet ~lol~)

Positive thoughts

:roflmao:

I can't remember the context (it wasn't the same as your porch cramps) but I know I've seen people say on TV "stop it, you are making my bum twitch". It definately wasn't an 'adult' programme :winks::blush::D

anxietea
26-04-15, 15:19
Omg I've been having these the past few months. It's extremely unnerving and I have no idea what to do. I haven't officially been diagnosed with BFS but I twitch very frequently all over my body in weird places like my stomach, my face (chin, cheek, eyelids), and the worst of which my anus. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and prescribed Xanax that I only take when I really feel I need it (hardly ever). I do smoke a lot of pot though. So I don' think that helps my anxiety. I've also been experiencing strange sensations in my lips/chin and I don't know how to describe it. Sort of a tingling feeling. It's all so bizarre and I wish I knew what it all means...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.